Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Around the Campfire

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:30 am 

Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:30 am
Posts: 27
Location: Hemphill, Texas
Friends and family members are trying to raise money for Justin Grimes, who is suffering from cystic fibrosis. Grimes has been on a transplant list his entire life, according to Tiffany Reed.

Although Grimes received approval for a lung transplant two months ago, Medicaid will only cover 80 percent of the cost of the surgery. Reed said Grimes, who is too sick to hold a regular job, has to cover the remaining 20 percent.

So far, Grimes’ family and friends have raised $20,000 toward the cost. Reed said they need to raise another $7,000 by Sept. 3.

As a fundraiser, Grimes’ family and friends have organized a hog baying competition and live auction for Aug. 31 at the Corrigan rodeo arena. Registration opens at 2 p.m. There will be a youth bay competition at 6 p.m. and a regular bay competition at 7 p.m. The cost will be $25 for single dog competitions and $50 for two-dog competitions.

The event will also feature a greased pig competition at 5 p.m. for kids ages 4-10. The cost will be $2 per child.

The gate fee is $5 per person. Kids 10 and under will get in free. In addition, there will be a $5 cooler charge.

Among the items up for bid at the live auction will be four Schlitterbahn tickets, a free transmission service from USA Transmissions in Livingston, and a meat hog hunt in Pollok.

For more information on how to donate or on the fundraising event, visit

If you think you're a person of authority, try bossing someone else's dog around.

The reason that animal-rights groups oppose fur coats rather than leather jackets is because it's easier -and safer - to protest against rich women than motorcycle gangs.

"Horses aren’t lazy and they’re not greedy and they’re not jealous and they’re not spiteful, they’re not hateful. They’re not that way. But the human can sometimes only describe a horse in the way that they view other human beings."
- Buck Brannaman

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

Board index » General » Around the Campfire

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: