Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Around the Campfire

Post subject: For all the trackers
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:12 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

I've got a good one for all the trackers that have ever heard "I know that deer is dead".

I get to work today and notice my helper seems to be a little down. Now my helper is a little older gentleman and not made of money. He never misses work and is always willing to stay late or work the weekend, so I was a little surprised when he asked if he could take a couple of hours off this morning. I told him sure and asked if everything was alright. He went on to tell me he when out last night to get one more deer before season ended but lost the deer and really wanted to go see if he could find it. I told him to take all the time he needed and he told me "it shouldn't take long". I asked him if he had a pretty good idea of where it was at and he started to laugh, that's when he started to tell me the whole story. As I said my helper isn't made of money and is hunting on public land with a shotgun. He told me the deer went down but wasn't dead. He told me about how in trying to finish the deer off he went to cut the deers throat, but the only knife he had on him was a small pocket knife. He said I felt like I cut the wind pipe and the deer seemed to have passed. He went on to take off his belt and put it around the deer to drag it to his truck. Well he dragged the deer about a hundred yards to his pick up. As he started to load his stuff in his truck the deer jumps up and runs off! Belt and all! Now this deer has been shot, had its windpipe punctured, and dragged a hundred yards with a belt! He managed to find the deer this morning about 30 yards from where it got up.

So next time that hunter tells you that there is no way that deer is still alive think about this and laugh!

Post subject: Re: For all the trackers
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:52 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Man, that was one tough deer!!

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did
better."
Maya Angelou

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something in your life!"
Winston Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjleek/

Post subject: Re: For all the trackers
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:00 am