Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Around the Campfire

Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:21 pm 

sorry for not posting sooner but it has been about 2 weeks ago maybe since this happened.
well trav is 1.6yrs old and i had these 2 items in the same spot since i got him. and he has never messed with them
1. was a laptop cable (dog got lucky as it was plugged in but he chewed it past the pwr brick.)
2. was 2 cloths (almost brand new) 1 can be saved the second one well its no good.

what i am thinking trav used to go everywhere with me when i had my truck. now since i got a brand new car, he doesnt go everywhere with me very much, due to the fact i dont want him to chew anything up. and since he doesnt travel with me i guess he gets upset at me not taking him.

what i have done i will take a 40mi round trip with him, or something once a week. and that seems to help.

but my question is has anybody had a lacy do this? or something of that nature.

its pretty funny to see trav in the car he is used to being in a big truck, but he seems to like it,

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:56 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Sounds like your on to something, I would say he is trying to tell you that he is bored and wants to do something. ;)

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:03 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Taking him for cars rides will give him something to do with you, but you need to do something more than once a week. I think that he needs to get out and do some running, ball chasing, frisbee catching or the like. When a dog chews on things it is either teething, or bored. I have a friend that will throw a tennis ball for his dogs forever. If you cant do things with him that use his prey drive, then ball retrieving, playing frisbee, etc will at least burn some of his energy. A bird wing put in a sock and hidden in trees, etc will help him use his prey drive some. I know that there are other things that you could do with him, but that is what is coming to mind right now. Get out there and burn some energy with him and you will both be better off!!

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did
better."
Maya Angelou

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something in your life!"
Winston Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjleek/

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:11 pm 

Betty L. wrote:
Taking him for cars rides will give him something to do with you, but you need to do something more than once a week. I think that he needs to get out and do some running, ball chasing, frisbee catching or the like. When a dog chews on things it is either teething, or bored. I have a friend that will throw a tennis ball for his dogs forever. If you cant do things with him that use his prey drive, then ball retrieving, playing frisbee, etc will at least burn some of his energy. A bird wing put in a sock and hidden in trees, etc will help him use his prey drive some. I know that there are other things that you could do with him, but that is what is coming to mind right now. Get out there and burn some energy with him and you will both be better off!!

i do play ball with him 4 times a day or more for about 15-30min, (when he wants to) every now and then he will have these i dont want to do anything moments and just stand around even when i am trying to get him to run. (i should have added that to my first post)

i am thinking about trying this buy a rc car. and have him chase it. :-?

every now and then he will bay one of gmas kittens outside and even carry a kitten around in his mouth. but he wont do anything with it. (but this dont happen often though)

he had a funny moment even tried baying a frog. and my other boy was going to eat it. wish i could have gotten video but it was about 6am when he did that.

Board index » General » Around the Campfire