Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Lacys In Action » Training

Post Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:55 pm 

Here is a picture of Sadie in early October 2011.

Since her arrival at her home in New York we have been together every day without fail. She quickly learned her daily routine which starts out by sitting before exiting the house. She goes to her relief area then we play and work on various types of training. We return to the house she sits before entering then she gets a nutritious meal. Her routine is repeated throughout the day.

Recently I went to Florida for 4 days my daughter had an interview at a college in Bradenton.

This was the first time Sadie and I have ever been apart.

Symptoms encountered:

Aggressive disruptive behavior
Depression

I was driving from the airport to the hotel in our rental car. There were four lanes of traffic. I was cut off several times, slow drivers were in the fast lane, and nobody used turn signals.

I swore several times. (Not like me) I beeped the horn and smacked the GPS it told me to turn when it was too late.

I didn’t eat or drink much my first night in Florida.

Sadie was fine. She was home with the dog sitter that turned her into a couch potato.

My first thought when I returned home was two months of training. Would she ever be the same?

I’m ok now were back out hunting and trailing again.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:21 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Ha! That's funny!! So you both survived!! Roy and I take our dogs to the mailbox (3 miles) so that none of us have separation anxiety!!

When we do have to leave them here, they have a pen with 2 dog igloos. They have plenty of room to run around and they have 2 water sources. When they realize that we are leaving them, which is long before I get my purse, or Roy his phone, they start sulking. Abe goes out and sits by the truck that he guesses that we are taking!! If a door is opened, you cant keep him out!!! I take them out and put them in the pen and Lucy immediately goes to the very back of one of the igloos and ignores me. You would think that she is the most mistreated dog in the world!! Of course, when we get home, it is the reverse!! So happy to see us, you would think that we had been gone for ages, when we are only gone for a few hours!! Spoilt dogs!!

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did
better."
Maya Angelou

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something in your life!"
Winston Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjleek/

Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:24 am 

That's a long way to get mail. great for the dogs to strecth their legs.

Board index » Lacys In Action » Training