Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Lacys In Action » Training

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:01 pm 

So...I took Remi back out to the Flyball place and the lady let me work with her for free. I will start paying the beginning of next month and I already bought a good tug and have started on the homework that you (Julie) gave me plus some that the lady that runs Arkansas Fury Flyers told me she would like me to do. I think Remi is going to be one of the fastest ones there!!!

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/36539866@N07/

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:50 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Good luck Chris! Lacys are such fast learners, if you start practicing the exercises now, you'll probably be ready for the A team before classes even start :))

I'm really excited to see how another, umm, more stable Lacy does in flyball :ymblushing: We had our second class last night and this time I brought Steve with me to help. With a friendly set of hands grabbing her and two weekends of hunting under her belt, she did much better. Great eye-ball coordination, good X touches, and really got the hang of driving over the jumps. She even relaxed in between exercises, I was very proud.

But then we had to try passing over a jump 8-| I knew this would be Sadie's biggest challenge, and sure enough, she tried to eat poor Scooter the demo dog. By keeping her on a short leash I was able to haul her over the extra-wide jump while Scooter passed going the opposite direction. But Steve suggested that I ask the instructor if we could wait until Sadie has more flyball drive built up to try passes, and I think that is a good idea. If Sadie really loves what she is doing, like hog hunting, she'll ignore other dogs. If it is only mildly interesting, she'll go into yatchy attack mode. So we'll see how this issue evolves.

Keep us posted on how Remi is doing, I can't wait to hear about her first class!

True Blue Lacys: http://www.truebluelacys.com
More Lacy Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/julieanna/sets/72157605027566732/

Board index » Lacys In Action » Training