Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Lacys In Action » Training

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lacies for Lions
 Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:40 pm 

I do know our dogs got on a Lion during a hog hunt one night..Mike would have to tell the story though ..

http://www.nationallacydog.org/index.html
http://www.lacyhuntingdogs.bravehost.com

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:54 am 

MisB, my lacy will flatout fight and bay a cat on the ground and in the tree. However if I'm at a friend's house and they have cats, he will actually come to me to ask permission to bay 'em up! :)) he knows not to chase them unless he's told ok.

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:18 pm 

Catchaser, that sounds like an awesome experience. Definitely keep us posted on how the lacy turns out and of any cats you get. Cat hunting behind dogs is definitely on my to-do list one of these days. I think it would be a blast to take one with archery equipment out of a tree.

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:08 pm 

well catchaser I think we need a few cat pics on here to go with all them hogs....lol and archery is my prefered way to take them. just make sure the dogs are all tied back in case you dont get a complete pass thru!

Attachments:
File comment: p&y cat
IMG_0706_800x533.jpg
IMG_0706_800x533.jpg [ 84.27 KiB | Viewed 900 times ]
File comment: 8' 160pounds
1214081613a.jpg
1214081613a.jpg [ 35.72 KiB | Viewed 900 times ]

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.--Unknown

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:18 pm 

Man that is the way to go. That makes me and Patch want to head that way this winter. Keep the pic. comeing. Thanks.

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:27 pm 

NICE CAT, MAN! :-o
As for me, I'll stick to pigs. Giant kitties with killer claws would scared the crap out of me! lol.

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/11972487@N04/

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:47 pm 

Those are some nice cats. It would probly be easier for me to get pictures if I didn't leave the camera in the truck. My brother and I actualy ran a big tom this morning. And as far as bows for lions I'd prefer not to have a complete pass through because the cats usally come out after the shot. And with that we wait about 5 minutes then turn the dogs loose. But when the arrow goes all the way thru you turn the dogs loose and we've had dogs find the arrow lying on the ground and chew on the broadheads. Talk about vet bills.

When the tailgate drops the bullshit stops.

"If some of our teenage thrill seekers really wanna go out and get a thrill let them go up into the northwest and tangle with a grizzly bear, polar bear a brown bear they'll get a thrill that will cleanse the soul" Fred Bear

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:58 pm 

ouch, ive blowen thru all of them ive shot. never had the dogs find the arrows, but that would be bad! start packin that camera, if you dont you will regreat it later! I know ive taken alot of critters I wish I had pics of.
They come out of the tree in a hurry and the tom in the pic went into a cave, the rocks would rumble around him when he growled, kinda erie feelin....then go pull him out! :))

Attachments:
File comment: one of my favs! A bear in the snow...lol
chads bear  lion 003_448x600.jpg
chads bear lion 003_448x600.jpg [ 82.5 KiB | Viewed 832 times ]

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.--Unknown

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:15 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

:-o Totally cringing at the thought of a dog chewing up a broad head. Though I guess it would be more like the broad head chewing on the poor dog.

Oh my god... Chad, I have just found the inspiration for my next photography adventure! Tell ya what, I'll make sure Mike and Steve put you on a big boar if you let us tramp around through the snow behind your cat dogs B-)

True Blue Lacys: http://www.truebluelacys.com
More Lacy Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/julieanna/sets/72157605027566732/

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:21 pm 

Holy crap that is cool! Better you than me. I always say I like to hunt in daylight that way I can size up the tree I am going to have to climb up if the hog comes my way. I am thinking that wouldn't matter in this situation :-o

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:11 pm 

I went on a huntin trip to Del Rio and found one of them stinky critters...lol thats how an Arizona boy heard about lacy dogs. I was getting them for Blood tracking dogs. Sorry to hijack the post catchaser.

Attachments:
texas boar_542x600.jpg
texas boar_542x600.jpg [ 57.07 KiB | Viewed 979 times ]
IMG_0870_800x533.jpg
IMG_0870_800x533.jpg [ 87.04 KiB | Viewed 976 times ]

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:27 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Great pictures, Chad!! And, he's right, catchaser, you gotta remember that camera!! It's great to see pictures of something besides hogs, no offense to the hog hunters! :-D

I also like pictures of the dog owner! It's nice to put a face to someone who I have talked to so many times, or someone who has posted a lot!

Betty

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did
better."
Maya Angelou

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something in your life!"
Winston Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjleek/

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:10 pm 

Julie, There are some good photo ops if you can get to a treed cat, problem is they are not that plentiful up here where I live and the snow is so hit and mis we are usually waiting around and waking up every couple hours to see if its hit. I would hate for you to come all this way and not be able to witness a cat in the tree. I got my boar in texas out of a stand, I could just imagine the rush of one bayed up on the ground.

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:45 pm 

MisB wrote:
I do know our dogs got on a Lion during a hog hunt one night..Mike would have to tell the story though ..

We really need to hear this story =p~ Come on Mike....

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:56 pm 

I gotta agree with you Chad it sounds pretty interesting. After all they do have prize hog dogs ;) :- .

When the tailgate drops the bullshit stops.

"If some of our teenage thrill seekers really wanna go out and get a thrill let them go up into the northwest and tangle with a grizzly bear, polar bear a brown bear they'll get a thrill that will cleanse the soul" Fred Bear

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Lacys In Action » Training