Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Lacys In Action » Working

Post subject: Tuesday evening
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:39 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Heath, Chase, and me me went this evening. They already had there dogs (Tuff, Tanner, Lily, Annie, Yella dog, and Rambo)loaded up when I got home so I just grabbed a CD (shelly). And we went for a short hunt. It was pretty dry for the fist 30 minutes or so dogs were hunting alright there just was'nt any fresh sign. Anyway then Tuff started ranging out farther and got to about 400 yds and let out a couple of yipps then about 30 seconds later he shut him down and started baying. A couple of the other dogs got with him and they broke. Went another couple hundreds yards and shut him down for good this time. Got in about 20 yds and let Shelly loose. The last 5 yds or so I had to get on hands and knees. Lukely when I got to them, I was on the back side of the hog and legged and stuck him on my knees. I have caught in some pretty thick stuff and had to crawl to get to the bay more times that I can count but I have never had to leg and stick one on my knees. Anyway ended up being about a 160 lb boar. We Leashed and dogs and called it a night and was home by 630.

Post subject: Re: Tuesday evening
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:39 am 

Man yall are hard at it already, good hog.

Board index » Lacys In Action » Working