Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Lacys In Action » Working

Post subject: 17 hog weekend
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:50 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Well, me and the guys went up to Oklahoma again this weekend. It was me, Heath, Jeff, Aaron, Lance, Brad, Chase, and Chase's dad Monty. It was the most fun and the most miserable I've ever been. We froze our butts off, but we had a blast. I took Piper, Cookie, and Shelly, and we had 10 other bay dogs and 2 other catch dogs. We didn't hunt them all at once--they took turns.

Saturday morning hunt we ended up catching 7 between 9 and 10:30. We had two different rallies. The first bay had about 15+ hogs, including one white hog that looked about like a shetland pony. Busted bay, and the bulldogs dropped the ball. We only ended up with a 50 lb. and an 80 lb. from that bay.

The next bay, Cal, Ricky Bobby, and Yella dog had 5 good hogs bayed in the middle of a pasture. We let the catchdogs loose from about 50 yards, and the whole time I was running to the bay, I saw Cookie getting tossed in the air several times and kept trying to catch the same hog. Me and Jeff get about 5yds from them bay dogs are gone and there are still 3 hogs there. Ike has one caught(about 225lb+) Cookie is still trying to catch (about 225+) and the third hog (200+) is whipping on Ike :( :( then it took off. Jeff tryed to leg the one Ike had but was a little late, Ike got tossed and both hogs took off bull right behind them. ~X( ~X( Bay hogs had stopped and bayed another about 200 yds and Ike and Cookie went to them and had it ancored when we got there. It was about a 140lb boar. Ike had 2 cuts one on his back leg and one poke through his vest and several bit marks on his head and ears. Craziest thing I have seen yet.

Saturday afternoon we caught 6. I videoed all of them but did not get much bay action. One of the bays they had 3 good hogs bayed but it was pretty thick and could not see much. We caught what I thought was the smallest of the three and it was about 180lb sow.

We went again this morning shutting for 20 hogs this weekend but only caught 4. One of which was the biggest of the weekend about a 220lb sow. Another weird thing was that someone elses hog dogs were at our bay. Called and met up with there owners.

All the dogs did really well. I thought the bull dogs could have done a little better but there you go I guess we all have some bad days.

Out of 17 hogs we only caught 3 boars and only 3 black hogs the rest were black hamp, red hamp or spotted.

When I get the pictures I will post them and try the video.

Post subject: Re: 17 hog weekend
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:18 am 

Ahhh, Ya'll are killing me! I had another no hunting weekend. It sounds like you found yourself a honey hole though.

Steve

Remember the dog wags the pedigree and the reverse is not true.

16, intelligent and articulate, I'm a fan!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:56 am 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Aaron sent me a few pictures...he didn't have many with dogs, but here are a few:

All the guys with some of the hogs

Heath & Tuff

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:57 am 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Man, when are y'all gonna start catching some hogs DJ? ;)

Congrats to the guys and the dogs!

True Blue Lacys: http://www.truebluelacys.com
More Lacy Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/julieanna/sets/72157605027566732/

Board index » Lacys In Action » Working