Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Lacys In Action » Working

Post Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:39 pm 

Well i was beginning to worry about glory, She was not showing any intrest in hogs at all. Now i admit i havent put in as much time into training her as i should have, (My wife and i are expecting our first Child). The times i did get to show her a pig at the beginning she went and ran under the truck, or she would just stand there, and not even bark. I have been taking her to the woods scense the end of deer season. She goes with the older dogs pretty good, The times we caught hogs she would be there but she was either running around looking scared or just standing there and not barking at all. But Friday my dad and i got onto a BIG GROUP of sows and shoats, We got onto them in the corner of a block of woods, by dad stayed on one side of the road while i ran around to the other side, I heard my cur dog bayed so i turned the catch dog loose, i heard the pig squil so i ran in there, when i got there my cur dog was the only thing on about 120 pound sow, she would catch it and let go, but glory was there to, she would run in there and nip at it and rund out, Glory and my cur where working it just like they were supposed to. Had that sow sitting on her BUTT, But glory never barked not one time. But i was Proud of her she made a BIG step in my eyes, I was coming close to getting rid of her. So she earned her Keep for a little while longer.

O yea the rest of the story, My catchdog ended up going to where my dads two curs and my redbone had one bayed up. i ran other there and helped him and sent them to where glory and my cur still had the other sow bayed. Ended up cathing 5 out of that group.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:38 pm 

Just give her time she will come around. Some dogs take a little longer than others.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:55 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Hang in there she should come on around. I dont have any advice on her not barking other than give her time and exposure.

D.J.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:41 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

I've had this conversation several times recently, but it seems Lacys hit their stride a little later than other dogs. Physically they are ready to go, they have a strong drive to do something, but it seems to take them a little longer to get focused and settled in to their work. Problem is a lot of people give up early, pass the dog around, ruin its chance to succeed. So just hang in their and give her time in the woods, she'll get it.

True Blue Lacys: http://www.truebluelacys.com
More Lacy Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/julieanna/sets/72157605027566732/

Post Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:05 am 

Yea i am not one to give up on a dog real fast. But it was really worrying me that she showed no interest. But after Last friday She will be in the Yard for another Year At least. Thanks for the Support

Board index » Lacys In Action » Working