Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Lacys In Action » Working

Post Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:53 am 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Sorry I have not been hunting as much the past month or so, and still dont have a camera that I can take hunting. So few pics. Anyway would appreaciate some of you other hunters helping me out with a good story here and there.

We all went last Friday night, hunted several hours and only came up with about a 100 lb sow and the dogs worked pretty hard to come up with her. Ran then a good ways across the creek and finally bayed her in the River.

I went last night with a buddy of mine Casey, and his son and a friend of his that I hunt with every now and then. I took Sunny, Piper, Shelly, and Cookie and he brought several of his dogs.( I got a new to me 4 door truck a week or so ago and it was nice all being able to pile in together) Anyway we walk hunted till after dark and finally the dogs struck and bayed about 350yds out. We got about 200yds out and they broke and bayed again 80 yds away. We got about 50 yds and cut all three CDs loose. Well the first one there must have missed because he broke and went couple hundred yard and they bayed him in the creek and it was not long before the CDs got there. We got they and luckily the creek was only a foot deep or so right there. Between the 3 cds and 5 bay dogs you could barely see the 175 lb boar. :D . Anyway had a good time and the dogs did good. I guess 1 is better that nothing.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:01 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

DJ, if you're disappointed with one, you are getting spoiled!

I was actually gonna try to go this weekend. Poor Sadie hasn't been on an actual hunt in months. But we had storms blow through yesterday, and even though the rain was spotty, just the thought of being wet and cold kept me home.

Is Sunny getting better with her barking? It sure sounds like she's bringing home the bacon.

True Blue Lacys: http://www.truebluelacys.com
More Lacy Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/julieanna/sets/72157605027566732/

Post Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:20 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Me and a buddy of mine are trying to get a weekend together to go run dogs down on the pecos river. It sounds like we will have lacys, hounds, and curs. One guy runs curs on lions, one runs hounds on coons, and me and my buddy will turn our lacys out on just about anything down there. I dont know if it will be a fun filled weekend or a train wreck. My buddy said the hogs have move in down there and I am alittle worried about coming across a group of hogs with no trained hog dogs and no CDs :-ss

Post Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:55 pm 

I would post more, but my hunts typically end in embarrassment. :)) Here's a recap of my most recent adventures: we got stuck in the mud for three hours in McCoy last night, spent two hours hiking in the rain with seven dogs and found no pigs on Saturday, and sometime further back we got no pigs but Chula ran her eye into a barbed wire fence and had to get on meds for it. I'm hoping this bad luck will roll over soon!! I'm taking my revenge on those porkers this summer! lol.

Even if you don't catch one, it's good to see the dogs having a good time doing what they were born to do. :)

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/11972487@N04/

Post Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:19 am 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Ouch! Poor Chula! Aggie did something similar a few years ago and rammed a stick up her nose. /:)

Post Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:33 pm 

Yeah, it's pretty funny to come back with dogs who got more beat up by inanimate objects than a hog. lol. I think sometimes they just forget to use their brains. :)

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/11972487@N04/

Post Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:34 am 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Rachael, don't worry you are not alone. I have gotten stuck plenty of times in the past, and had our share of dry runs. Hopefully I will not be getting stuck as often in the future. Amber bought me a new to me truck a couple of weeks ago that has 4 wheel drive. Actually that probably just means I will get really stuck instead of just sitting on top of the ground spinning. :D

Post Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:28 pm 

DJ just remember 4 low is to get out not in otherwise it's a really looooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg walk out. I speak from experience sadly :)) but same goes with chains.

When the tailgate drops the bullshit stops.

"If some of our teenage thrill seekers really wanna go out and get a thrill let them go up into the northwest and tangle with a grizzly bear, polar bear a brown bear they'll get a thrill that will cleanse the soul" Fred Bear

Post Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:20 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Catchaser, I will have to try and remember that.

Oh, and Julie I do not know how to respond to the spoiled coment. I suppose our dogs have been spoiling us a bit.

Post Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:41 pm 

At least one of us has something worth posting, DJ.

Remember the dog wags the pedigree and the reverse is not true.

16, intelligent and articulate, I'm a fan!

Board index » Lacys In Action » Working