Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Lacys In Action » Working

Post subject: Swimmer
 Post Posted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:12 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Well, Jeff, Heath, Lance, Me and a few guest went hunting in Trinity Saturday. I took Piper, Sunny, and Cookie. We got on one pretty quick he must have bayed and broke 4 or 5 times in some thick planted pine. Anyway that one got away. Dogs were a little winded. We loaded them up and went down to the creek for them to get some water and that was the area that we got on hogs the last time we hunted this place. Anyway Heath and Lance ended up separte from the rest of us with most of the dogs. Then we heard a dog baying for a min then stopped I looked and it was Sunny about 700yds by her self. Then she started baying again. We loaded and up and started to her.

We got there the same time as Heath and Lance the other dogs had joined her now they had 2 bays going. The first bay we got to they had 6-8 hogs bayed. I was proud of Sunny, she had found and held this group for a few minutes before and of the other dogs got there. We caught a 125lb boar at the first bay and about the same size sow at the second.

It was not long till they had another bay. Long story but to get to the third bay me and Lance swam about 150yds to where Ricky, Cal, Gus, and Sunny were swimming, herding another 125lb boar in the water. By the time I got there I was whipped, and still had to swim another 20 yds with the boar before I could touch.

Anyway it was interesting to say the least and Walt got most of it on video. That hopefully I can share later. I lefter after that to visit some family but the guys ended up catching 1 more.
D.J.

Post subject: Re: Swimmer
 Post Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:17 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Sounds like a good time, swimming and everything!! :))

Betty

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did
better."
Maya Angelou

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something in your life!"
Winston Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjleek/

Post Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:49 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Sometimes I wish DJ would leave some details out when he's telling me these stories. I really don't like hearing how all his muscles were cramping up and he thought he was going to drown! Lance probably would have drowned too, trying to save him!

They're going to have to be a little less adventurous before I let Eli go with them!

Post Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:27 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Good story but an even better video. Amber if you didn't like the story, you probably don't want to watch the video. If you want him to be a little less adventurous, let me tag along. I seem to bring that kind of luck to the hunt. :ymblushing:

Post Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:38 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Thanks Ed2010, Walt did a good job on the video. It was nice to be able to sit back and watch what your dogs are doing. Maybe next time he will be able to get some actual bay footage.

D.J.

Board index » Lacys In Action » Working