Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Calendar & Classifieds » Meetings & Events

Post Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:08 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

I'll talk to my husband about it. Thanks for the info.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:10 pm 

Let me know if you would like for her to have rabies shot. That's the only shot she apparently hasn't had because in Wichita, your dog can't get the rabies shot til the dog is 5 months old. I believe I can get it for cheap.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:04 am 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Ted, sent you a pm.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:50 pm 

Ok, my brother works for the Tyler State Park and he got me this information which I'm forwarding to yall. I'm going to call them tomorrow and make a reservation. Here are several links:

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/find ... oper_lake/

The fees are:

Facility Fees:

* Applicable daily entrance fees are charged in addition to the campsite or facility fee.
* Pets are not allowed in any Texas State Park buildings. For other general pet restrictions check the Texas State Park Regulations. For park specific pet restrictions contact the park.
* Call the park or park information (1-800-792-1112) for more information.

Camping:

Maximum 8 people per campsite unless otherwise noted. Applicable daily entrance fees are charged in addition to the campsite or facility fee.

15 - Walk-in (100 yards) campsites. Sites are in the Oak Grove Camping Area and have a picnic table, fire ring, and a lantern post. Water is located in the area. There is one water spigot for every 4 campsites. These sites are for tent camping only. No Motor homes, Trailers, or Pop-ups allowed:
$10 per night
$5 per night (from Nov-Feb)

87 - Campsites with electric & water hook-ups. These sites are located in Bright Star and Deer Haven loops. Sites have a picnic table, fire ring, and a lantern post. Some sites are back-in, some are pull-through. 6 of these are ADA compliant:
$14 per night
$10 per night (from Nov-Feb)

15 - Equestrian campsites with electric & water hook-ups. This area is reservable for equestrian users only. Sites have a picnic table, fire ring, and a lantern post. No stables, sites are 10' x 55' back-in with a tether pole for horses.
$18 per night
$12 per night (from Nov-Feb)

5 - Overflow equestrian campsites. There is no paved surface or tethering area. There is no water, electric, table or grill provided. More information on equestrian use at this park.
$8 per night
$5 per night (from Nov-Feb)

Overflow Camping Area:
$8 per night

17 - Screened Shelters. Shelters are latchable from the inside and have a picnic table, 10 amp electric outlet, water, fire ring, and a lantern post. No Motor homes, Trailers, or Pop-ups allowed in the Shelter area. Tents are allowed outside the shelter. 1 of these sites is ADA compliant:
$25 per night
$15 per night (from Nov-Feb)

4 - Premium screened shelters with air conditioning. These shelters have 2 sets of bunk beds (1 set with twin beds and 1 set with 1 twin and 1 full.) this shelter also has a microwave, refrigerator, A/C, heat, and a lock on the door. Outside there is a picnic table, fire ring, water spigot, and a lantern hook. 8 people total allowed, maximum of 5 inside and 3 outside with tents. Customer must furnish all bed linens:
$45 per night
$35 per night (from Nov-Feb)

14 - Cabins (4-6 person). Cabins have a kitchen w/ stovetop, microwave, refrigerator, Dining and Living area w/couch and table, A/C, heat, coffee pot, and ceiling fans. Has 1 bedroom w/ 2 double beds and bathroom w/ tub and shower. Outside there is a deck w/ BBQ grill and picnic table. No Motor homes, Trailers, or Pop-ups, allowed in the cabin area. No smoking inside the cabins. Customer must provide eating and cooking utensils. Check-in is 3pm, Check-out is 11am, 6 of these sites are ADA compliant:
$85 for up to 4 people; $95 for 5 people; $105 for 6 people
$75 for up to 4 people; $85 for 5 people; $95 for 6 people per night (from Nov-Feb)
Day Use Facilities:

1 - Group Picnic Pavilion (Capacity 75). Facility has a BBQ grill, electric outlets, lights, and water.
$30 per day

* Excess Ocupancy Fee (if approved by the park): $10 per person
* Excess Vehicle Parking (number restricted at some parks.): $2
* Activity Use Fee Per Person (day or overnight): $3

Notes:

* Gate is open from 6am to 10pm.

One park is right at Sulphur Springs and the other one is 21 miles away.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:21 am 
NLDA Lifetime Member

I'm excited about this weekend! Anyone besides us and Ted coming? Ted, are you bringing any dogs besides Cookie?

We're still trying to decide. Our dogs have never been in a real baying. :@) I really think Piper could win the puppy bay IF there was another puppy in there with her. She bays a lot looser by herself. We may enter Sunny and Piper in the old and young.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:56 am 

I will probably bring my lacy, Moonshine, provided his hind leg is healed from the cut he got when we were ripping out guttering and left it at the edge of the fence intending to toss it over to take it to the dump when he saw a squirrel and tried to climb the fence and got his ligament cut (lightly but bled like the dickens) and it looks like it's healing up nice. My friend who claims to be coming with me, says he will bring his coonhounds or his border collie mix. I told him good luck on that.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:17 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

I'm still debating... think you can get them to move it about two hours closer to Austin? ;;) I've heard about this thing on so many boards, it sounds like it will be a great bay. But Google is telling me it's a 4.5 hour drive. For someone who mainly wants to go to watch, that's certainly a hike. So, still weighing the options.

Anyone else going?

True Blue Lacys: http://www.truebluelacys.com
More Lacy Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/julieanna/sets/72157605027566732/

Post Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:30 pm 

Julie,

My best friend and his kid brother are coming from Austin mainly because it'll be our last time to see each other before he moves to Portland, Oregon and I go back to Kansas.....4 hours isn't really that bad of a drive. For me, it's 6 or 7 hours give or take a few minutes. I'm just glad gas isn't at $4 a gallon now.... :))

Board index » Calendar & Classifieds » Meetings & Events