Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Calendar & Classifieds » Meetings & Events

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:46 am 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Central Tx. bay ig going to be Feb. 12, 2011 . It will be in Grosebeck Tx. I will have more detail later. They are going to have a low entry $ 15.00 per dog for people who just want to try there dogs or test there young dogs . He is also haveing a pro event 1 dog and 2 dog . He has some really god hogs they will really test your dogs . Alot of the hogs there will be at Uncle Earls this year . There are puppy hogs to bay on also . If you don't have a dog to run everyone is still welcome to come it will be a fun day there is $5.00 per person entry fee . You will see some really good dogs and hogs working . You won't see a lot of Lacy dogs .
( No dogs In heat )

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:33 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Maybe I can talk my family into coming. I would like to see what Larry will do on a hog. It would have to be amateur as he has never seen a hog!!

Betty

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did
better."
Maya Angelou

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something in your life!"
Winston Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjleek/

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:18 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Hey that would be great if you guys could make it .

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:02 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Here are the details and directions !!

Feb 12, 2011
Books open at 7am dogs will be in the pen at 8am
Run order
Puppy bay (2-max) 15.00 per dog trophies 1-2-3 10.00 option
One dog am 15.00 trophies 1-2-3
One dog open 35.00 70% pay back, calcutta
Old and young 30.00 trophies 1-2-3 20.00 option
Youth bay 15.00 100% pay back trophies 1-2-3 calcutta
Two dog am 30.00 trophies 1-2-3 20.00 option
Two dog open 50.00 70% pay back, calcutta
A 3.00 judges fee will be added to each run
Puppies 12 mo. and under
Am dogs cannot have placed 1rst in any event with 25 or more dogs or have won twice at Central Texas Bay Pen
3 second catch out, any dog receiving 2 counts of 2 will be DQ

Two of the biggest problems in bay pens today are consistent, qualified judges and quality hogs. We will strive to provide the finest of both.

Directions from Hwy 14 in Groesbeck take FM 1245 West go .8 miles turn left on LCR 398 .5 miles on right
GPS: 398 LCR 398 Groesbeck
Skipper 254-747-0933

Post Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:11 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Next weekend anyone going !!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:52 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Well wish us luck !! We will need it Patch some how managed to shatter his dew claw Sunday . Not sure how he did it but he cracked the nail half way uo and then also pulled it loose from the base . I have had him kenned for 4 days now he has been chewing on it and licking it . He dosent seem to be hurting him as much but can tell it still is bothering him . He has 2 more days to rest be for the bay I may still tape it down so he dosen't hook it on anything . So we will see how it goes ! Sammy is ready but she just dosen't give me any hope !

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:01 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

I wouldnt worry much. :-ss As soon as he gets in there he wont even notice. Do good!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:22 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Had hoped that we could make it, but it's not gonna happen. Good luck!

Betty

better."
Maya Angelou

Winston Churchill

Post Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:15 am 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Thanks guys ! We are going to do our best . Hey betty no worries I want to do a all lacy bay here in the near future . Let yall know Sunday how we do .!!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:43 am 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Will be looking forward to the pictures!! And an all lacy bay!! I will make it for that one!!

Betty

better."
Maya Angelou

Winston Churchill

Post Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:26 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

They were not allowing pictures at the bay ! Wish Julie was still around they always let her do pictures . They new she would never post anything bad . We did not do so good this weekend . This was our first big bay that we have entered in most have been small and local. This one was local but big there were over 150 dogs entered . I guess everyone getting in one more bay be for Uncle earls not to mention to be able to bay on the hogs that will be there . There were some of the best dogs I have seen some of these dogs would blow your mind . If you have never seen a really good bay pen dog work it is amazeing . I saw some puppies that were 3 months old in the puppy class that were just mind blowing . Well here is how Patch did not so good 1 - dog am 36 dogs entered he finished 13 . I was good with that he has just started doing single dog . I then ran him in 1 dog pro 20 dogs entered we finished 12th place . I was happy with that there were not many bad dogs in that group scored 9.6 out of 10 also the hog that Patch drew was a ranked hog and is the best bay pen hog he ownes . Patch went up against this hog about 8 months ago during a practice bay . It did not work out well Patch was cut under his back leg and stomach about 5 inches and bit threw his front paw. It was not serious but it backed him off of hogs for a bit. So I am kind of nervous this hog has wrecked a lot of good dogs in the past 2 years . I sent him in and Patch goes in hard and fast and this hog only goes foward Patch starts to bay hog still coming and just flips Patch about 4 feet into the air and over backwards then when Patch hits the ground . I new what was coming this hog likes to drop onto his knee's and pin the dog then he gets there waist or leg or what ever he can and starts chomping on the dogs thats how he got Patch be for. Well that is just what he does and I here Patch let out a yelp and he can't get up and he does slip out after a few seconds. He puts a couple of nips on the hogs back legs and then startes baying pretty good and tight. Hog comes for him again and put a good shot on patch I could here the hit from across the pen Patch goes back in and bays pretty tight . The hog charges him again Patch loops out the hog still closeing on him and flips his back end up and over onto his back and gives him a pretty good stomping . Patch get free he is still baying but has decided he would finish his last 35 seconds from about 2 feet back and not in tight . I could tell he was really mad by his bark and his stance but he got pretty beat up by this hog and new it was time to sit back . The whole time I am just looking to make sure he wasn't cut . He had vest and collar but hog was still able to bite him on the top of his back in several spots . I also ran him after that with Sammy in 2 dog am. There were 22 teams they finished 15 th Patch was good Sammy well same old . I also ran Patch in 2 dog am with a Lady's BMC Patch was better than his help but they finished out of 18 teams 10 th place . We got a good look at just how much of a butt kicking we are going to get at Uncle Earls .

Post Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:36 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Well, I think that Patch did ok. He's still went after that sucker!! He has to learn and the way that they learn is to get in there and do his job. Wish that we had pics, but thats the way it goes now.

Betty

better."
Maya Angelou

Winston Churchill

Board index » Calendar & Classifieds » Meetings & Events