Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Calendar & Classifieds » Meetings & Events

Post subject: wish i was closer
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:42 pm 

it would be nice to come see these events, they look like they would be alot of fun. I read where you cant take pictures at baying competions? :-o i would like to see some video, but im sure the antis would like to get ahold of it also so i understand. i would like to try my dogs in a practice pen just to see how they would do with a hog.... :-? you sure are lucky to be able to use your dogs that much, with year around hunting on the hogs and with the blood trailing on the other game. im stuck on running mock trails....

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.--Unknown

Post subject: Re: wish i was closer
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:09 am 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Yeah, everyone in Texas is pretty crazy about their dogs :)) Of course if I didn't have this many outlets for Sadie... X_X But at least you do mock trails year round. A lot of people get Lacys just for tracking and are shocked that they have so much energy.

The bay contests usually don't allow pictures, there is definitely a risk of a PETA plant getting some weird shot that makes the whole thing look like an awful blood sport, but because we know the organizers I've gotten to photograph a couple: http://www.flickr.com/photos/julieanna/ ... 654665407/. They are pretty neat. I don't think they'd ever allow video, but Mike has been trying to catch some of our hunts on film, and we may get some better footage this weekend.

Arizona can't be that far away, right? You'll just have to take a road trip one weekend ;) Of course a real bay competition isn't the best place to introduce a dog to a hog, it would be like throwing someone in the water for the first time during a swim meet, but plenty of people do have practice pens, complete with practice sized hogs.

True Blue Lacys: http://www.truebluelacys.com
More Lacy Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/julieanna/sets/72157605027566732/

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:44 am 

yeah i wouldnt enter a dog, i would like to see them in the pratice pen though. might have to plan a road trip i guess..lol its a little over 16 hours of driving to most of those places, i can still remember when i drove to menard talked to jimmy for a bit grab a pup and drove back home with no breaks....lol

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.--Unknown

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:29 am 

If you do ever make it this way, we would hook you up with practice pen time!! :-BD

With the spreading of the lacy breed all over the country, it is my hope that there will
soon be events springing up all over the U.S.A. for them.

It is awesome that you run mock trails all year long :ymapplause: that dedication will make a huge difference in your Lacys life!!

~Mis

http://www.nationallacydog.org/index.html
http://www.lacyhuntingdogs.bravehost.com

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:43 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Chad,

Maybe someday you and Jim Browning can come to Texas together. When we get to where we are having contests, etc, ya'll will just have to come!!

I dont know about Sage, but if Angie is anything like her mother, she'd get those hogs. At the Hunt for the Hungry, some people had some of those targets that look like the real thing. One was a doe and then there was a small pig and a larger hog. Lucy wanted at those hogs something fierce. Every time we took her walking, all she wanted to do was get to those hogs!! One time Shannons little girl, Jayme, took Lucy walking and they wound up over by the targets and I had to run get them out. Lucy was pulling Jayme into the target area!! When Lucy was finally allowed to go smell the targets, she lost interest in them, but she sure wanted them before that!!

Lucy comes from cattle working dogs, but she has always wanted to get hogs. She's had a few opportunities, but nothing serious. She hates them just the same!!!

Betty

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did
better."
Maya Angelou

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something in your life!"
Winston Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjleek/

Board index » Calendar & Classifieds » Meetings & Events