Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Lacy History

Post Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:53 pm 

Remember the dog wags the pedigree and the reverse is not true.

16, intelligent and articulate, I'm a fan!

Post Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:58 pm 

I guess it's better late than never (me posting)! Thanks for posting my Grandfather's picture it brings back many memories! I thank God every day for the time and the Stories he shared with me! I remember the days when he used to saddle up Dick's one of his horses and then halter up one of his Hereford Bull and lead me around the pasture on it's back! In the afternoon he'd Ice down a Water Melon and then ring a chickens neck. My Grandma Maude Lacy Would fry up the best chicken you ever put in your mouth. She would then prepare potato salad, macaroni bacon and tomato salad, pickled cucumbers, jello with fruit cocktail and fresh apple or peach cobbler topped off with fresh cream. The fresh well water made the best kool-aid in the world. I just had to mention that because it was all served on the table in the picture and the fact that I'll never be able to go back there, except in memories! Mom's (Helen L Gibbs) in the Hospital right now with Pneumonia! She's been sick since before Thanksgiving! I'm hoping she'll get well soon she's 86 now. At that age it's tough to get over Illnesses. Anyway I'll quit rambling and Ya'll keep up the good work! I enjoy reading the content on this site.

~ John ~

Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:57 am 

John,

It's good to hear from you, though the news about your mom is dreadful. I have thought about just stopping by her house, just to say hello, many times over the last 6 or 8 months.

It seems that in today's fast paced world, I was always in a hurry and never slowed down. I just always said, "oh, Ill be back in Burnet in a week or two" and moved on. But, things like this will really make you take pause and think about what is really important in life.

If its not too much to ask, I would like to get the hospital and room information from you. Flowers always brighten a woman's day. And I would like to send a card, letting her know that we are thinking about her. You can e-mail it to me at monteriakennels@gmail.com for privacy sake.

Let us know if there is anything that we can do to help you out, John.

Steve

Remember the dog wags the pedigree and the reverse is not true.

16, intelligent and articulate, I'm a fan!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:00 am 

John i am as you know not very good on a P.C. But every thing Steve said is what i would like to say. You and your Mom are very good frinds to me. So let us know if we can help in any way. Tell your mom i said hi. :YMPRAY: And hope she is better soon.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:37 am 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Good to see you John, and another great story! Sounds like those day on the Lacy homestead were truly magical.

I am so very sorry to hear about your mom. She is such a sweet and generous lady. As Steve and Jimmy said, if there is anything we as individuals or an association, please let us know. Cards, flowers, pictures, Lacy stories... anything that might brighten her day. We truly appreciate everything she's shared with us and I can't wait to visit with her again.

True Blue Lacys: http://www.truebluelacys.com
More Lacy Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/julieanna/sets/72157605027566732/

Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:12 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

John,

I'm so sorry to hear that Mrs. Gibbs is sick. I will be praying for her health to return. I'm so glad that you let us know that she isnt well. Please tell her that I am sending my love and prayers.

I loved your story! Hope that you will keep on posting. I'm sure that all the others loved hearing the story too.

Betty

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did
better."
Maya Angelou

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something in your life!"
Winston Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjleek/

Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:32 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

It sounds like your grandparents knew how to show a little boy a good time! I hope your mom is feeling better soon; sending thoughts and prayers her way.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:20 pm 

John, I would love to hear more stories about your family.

Please tell your mom she is in our thoughts and prayers. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:49 pm 

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers! It means a lot. I'm not very good at writing but I'll try to let you know about a few more of my memories while visiting Mom Lacy (Maude Lacy) and Papa ( John Lacy).

Thanks,

John

Board index » General » Lacy History