Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Photo Gallery

Forum rules

All pictures and graphics remain property of the original creator. Do not use photos without permission from the copyright owner.

Post subject: Wrong Kind Of Huntin'
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:19 pm 

Well I haven't been doin worth a crap lion hunting this year I've only caught two but conditions have been terrible. Hopefully I can change that number tomarow! But I have been finding quite a few sheds. Only two fresh so far and they were a set!

2010 so far
Three sets so far
A few ATL's
The fresh set!
My best single this year! With a mirror image other side and a 24" inside spread he'd be just over 170"

Let's see everybodys sheds so far?

When the tailgate drops the bullshit stops.

"If some of our teenage thrill seekers really wanna go out and get a thrill let them go up into the northwest and tangle with a grizzly bear, polar bear a brown bear they'll get a thrill that will cleanse the soul" Fred Bear

Post Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:11 pm 

I haven't found very many sheds this year. Have you been using any of your dogs to help you find them? I notice that now that squirrel season is over, my dog has been trying to bay up some of our guests when they go in the backyard with her. #-o
I'm trying to find another outlet for her energy and was thinking hunting for sheds may give her something to find. I know she enjoys chewing on them when I bring them home.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:14 pm 

Pretty nice! I know we had some nice ones from last year, but I haven't been looking for any at all. Usually I find them when I trip on them or get stuck in the foot by them. lol

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/11972487@N04/

Post Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:14 am 
NLDA Lifetime Member

I havent found a shed antler in I dont know when. I think the deer are shedding them on the other side of the fence nowadays. :)) I did see a buck the other day with just one. He looked pretty funny! We clean up 2 miles of the highway every year and year before last we found 5 or 6 sheds in that area. It was the first time we found them along that stretch of the highway. Next year we didnt find a single one there. Its really neat that you found a matching pair!!

Betty

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did
better."
Maya Angelou

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something in your life!"
Winston Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjleek/

Post Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:10 pm 

Here's a few from today.
A fresh spike

Jonathanh yes I have tried to get my dogs to find sheds but none seem to be interested except for the 3 month old pups. A bunch of my friends have dogs that do nothing but shed hunt and I'd like to have one but I have no clue how to train them for it. But it is pretty nice not to have to put on half the miles in a day because you got a dog runnin aroud pickin em all up for ya hahaha.

When the tailgate drops the bullshit stops.

"If some of our teenage thrill seekers really wanna go out and get a thrill let them go up into the northwest and tangle with a grizzly bear, polar bear a brown bear they'll get a thrill that will cleanse the soul" Fred Bear

Post Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:48 pm 

It's going to be tough finding sheds on our place this year with the way it looks... I'll have to post some pics of the greenery later, but I did happen to come across two sheds, a matching set, by chance of a 150 class deer. At least we won't get skunked!

"Dogs show you they love you with their tails."

Board index » General » Photo Gallery