Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Photo Gallery

Forum rules

All pictures and graphics remain property of the original creator. Do not use photos without permission from the copyright owner.

Post subject: Nice Tom
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:50 pm 

Well we caught a nice tom yesterday. Ran it daylight to dark and all the way over the mountain. Finally found the dogs tree'd 300 yards from the road after driving around the mountain. I got about 50 yards away from the first tree and he jumped, so I hollered down to the truck tellin 'em to dump the box. they ran him another hundred yards and put him in this tree for good. Took some pics tied the dogs back and went ahead and let my brother shoot it for his first one.

When the tailgate drops the bullshit stops.

"If some of our teenage thrill seekers really wanna go out and get a thrill let them go up into the northwest and tangle with a grizzly bear, polar bear a brown bear they'll get a thrill that will cleanse the soul" Fred Bear

Post subject: Re: Nice Tom
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:50 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Awesome!!! Thanks for posting the pictures!!

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did
better."
Maya Angelou

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something in your life!"
Winston Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjleek/

Post Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:18 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Man what a beast that is a big cat !!!! Great pictures too. Hey I noticed your lacy how does he do with the cats does he bay on them ? Looks like great country out there thanks for posting !

Post Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:53 pm 

Camo lol he has a death wish when their caught on the ground but when we get em to climb he's a good hard treeing stand back tree dog and not bad at trailing on the fresher tracks.

When the tailgate drops the bullshit stops.

"If some of our teenage thrill seekers really wanna go out and get a thrill let them go up into the northwest and tangle with a grizzly bear, polar bear a brown bear they'll get a thrill that will cleanse the soul" Fred Bear

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:38 am 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Thanks for posting your awsome pictures of what is obviously a very successful day. I like it that you are out there in the snow while it is snowing, pressing onward. I am not in Country very much, but would love to go with you to see one of these big cats and see your dogs work. Do you take other folks with you much (I suspect there is a long waiting list if you do)? If so I would like to go with y'all to watch the dogs work and possibly see a cat. Again, great pictures, thanks again for sharing them.

A cat, after being scolded, goes about its business. A dog slinks off into a corner and pretends to be doing a serious self-reappraisal. ~Robert Brault,

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:41 am 

Great photos Catchaser ! I never really realized how big those things were till my brother brought one back from Idaho. He was elk and bear hunting and shot it crouched on a rock ledge above him. Cool critters for sure.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:39 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Hey I am with Bobby when he gets in country I think Him and I should make a trip out to see you . Bobby no waiting list we are family we own Lacys !! LOL That gives us a leg up I would think ! Oh Bobby thanks for inviteing me you seem like a great guy ! LOL It looks like it would be a blast , I want to go when theres snow ! :-BD Hey that is great on the treeing I was on some state land by our home 4 weeks ago . I had Patch and Sammy we jumped 4 bobcats Patch broke off on 3 of them Sammy took the other one Sammy treed it in about 40 yards and Patch came back to help but it jumped out of the tree and they took off after it they chased it for a few but came back .

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:51 pm 

That is incredible. We have some decent size bobcats up here, and reports of mountain lions every so often. Fish and Game just declared the Eastern Mountain Lion as extinct. We won't be hunting them up this way any time soon. I've got to find a way to hook up with all the hunters on here for some different action.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:40 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Good grief, that thing is huge! I better not run in to his brother while we're out hiking. Especially since I Sadie would have that same death wish. Driven by the fact that she wishes death upon anything I let her get after. That is probably suicidal without a pack backing her up, but at least I feel safer with her around!

And I'm so glad we finally got to see shots of your Lacy in action :) They might not have the nose of hound, but they can put the brakes on pretty much anything.

True Blue Lacys: http://www.truebluelacys.com
More Lacy Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/julieanna/sets/72157605027566732/

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:15 am 
NLDA Lifetime Member

big cat...did yall weigh him

Have you ever layed low when you could have stood tall

Board index » General » Photo Gallery