Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Photo Gallery

Forum rules

All pictures and graphics remain property of the original creator. Do not use photos without permission from the copyright owner.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:19 pm 

Hey Guys- First of all, I went through all the pages of pictures and love seeing everyone experiencing the outdoors with their dogs :-BD

I adopted a dog last April that was categorized as a 'Lab/Mix', but just today I learned about Lacy Dogs and everything seems to fit with my dog. He was always small for a lab, had white markings on his chest and back of paws, ears that pinned back unlike a lab and even his stance is almost dead on with what I'm seeing in alot of your pics. Basically when I started looking at pics of Lacy Dogs, I saw the characteristics of my dog that I could never explain with a lab.

Anyway, I was hoping some of you experts could help to confirm or deny that I have a Lacy Dog on my hands.

Meet Raf:

Post Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:30 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Great looking dogs glad to see you working them thats great . It is so hard to say if he has lacy or not when you are looking at a dog that is a mix .He does have some what of a lacy look . I will let some others chime in and see what they think . Thanks for posting the pictures what is the wire hair dog ? Great looking dog .

Post Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:37 pm 

Thanks for the quick reply. There are alot of things that aren't captured in the pics that are apparent such as his eye color, his ears, his stance and as odd as this sounds, the vein that pops out in his hind legs. I don't recall seeing that in any other dog but noticed it in alot of pictures here.

He loves going up to the cabin and playing his other dog buddies. The wire haired dog is my friends German Wire-Haired Pointer...great dog and is in the process of teaching my pup how to jump fences :-L

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:25 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Like Camo says, it's always hard to tell. But, he certainly does have a look that is different from a lab. Some pics he really looks like a lacy, others, a lacy mix. Some lacys dont even look like lacys, :)) :)) so it is always difficult to say.

Your dog appears to be more of a chocolate color. We have lacys that are called blue, but have a brownish cast to them, but not the brown that your dogs is. In one pic, the coat looks short and sleek, but in others, he looks like he has a thicker coat and a bit longer than a lacy has. Lacys dont usually have an under coat, but have a very sleek coat. I have seen lacys tho, that do have an undercoat. In fact, I have a lacy who has a thicker and coarser coat. The white on the chest and on the feet is definitely a lacy trait and in the one pic with the ears back, he looks like a lacy.

At any rate, he is a beautiful dog and it sounds like you enjoy him. Feel free to continue to post, as you are welcome here. We have a few people who post who also feel like their dogs are lacys. And, part of being a lacy is the mind set that the dog has, so if you feel like your dog is more like a lacy than a lab, then that is what it's all about!!

Betty

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did
better."
Maya Angelou

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something in your life!"
Winston Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjleek/

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:21 pm 

He is definitely a chocolate color, and some of the pics are deceiving regarding his coat. I think the ones that you're referring to that look fuller, he's actually wet making the coat look thicker.

But like you said, it doesn't really matter what he is...he's got a personality all to himself. At any rate, I think I'm going to classify him as a Lacy/Mix since I haven't seen any other breed look similar to him (stance, ears, eyes, white markings, muscle build, height/weight, etc...). He is very active and has a herding mentality; while playing fetch with other dogs he'll usually ignore the ball and just run circles around the other pups. He's also a problem solver proved by him jumping off my deck onto my garage roof to get to me in the front yard X(

I'd love any more opinions though. This way, when someones asks me what he is I can actually have a response instead of a Lab/Mix then have to answer alot of questions about why he doesn't look very Lab-like.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:17 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Quote:
He's also a problem solver proved by him jumping off my deck onto my garage roof to get to me in the front yard
:)) Now, that sounds like a lacy!!!

Betty

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did
better."
Maya Angelou

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something in your life!"
Winston Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjleek/

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:39 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Betty you beat me to it but if he can pull that off then that is one more thing that would leave me to believe he has some in him . They are a master of getting out !!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:01 pm 

Not sure why it didn't dawn on me before, but I just checked out some Youtube videos of Lacys and I'm conviced Raf's got alot of the breed in him.

As mentioned above, he's definitely a jumper...

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:34 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

They can Jump like they have wings !

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:34 am 

It's all starting to make sense now!

Since I'll jump at any excuse to take/post pics of Raf, I'll keep them coming. A little different backdrop though being up in MN :D

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:27 am 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Can't be a lacy in minnesota....

We had to tie ours together when we were there just to keep the mosquitoes from carrying them off! B-)

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:24 pm 

Bigger then Florida Mosquito's? I saw a Fla Mosquito break a windsheild... LOL

Lacy's jump like they have wings and run like they have wheels and a motor in their rear ends

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:11 pm 

Swim like a fish? Can you tell I like taking pictures of him...

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:30 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

He looks like he is having a blast .

Board index » General » Photo Gallery