Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Calendar & Classifieds » Rehoming & Rescue

Forum rules

These dogs are not "officially" sanctioned by the NLDA. We can make no guarantees about their personality, working ability, history or lineage. But we do feel it is important to get them exposure so they can find their forever home. So if you know of a Lacy or Lacy mix that is looking for a new family, feel free to put it up. But do not post litters unless they are with a rescue organization.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:12 pm 

This girl showed up in a Georgia shelter, so I helped network her to Lacy folks. I thought I found a good fit (Lacy owner in Georgia) but he does not want to keep her. He is willing to hang onto her for a short time, but if rescue is not found, she will have to go back and will be euthanized. I feel responsible for her, so I am trying to find alternate placement. Hoping to find her a Lacy-experienced home, as this is not a breed for everyone (as you all know). I live in New Hampshire and cannot adopt her myself, having 8 rescued dogs already.

She is in Georgia, she was adopted direct from a shelter. She is 2-3 years old, 43 lbs., spayed, HW NEG, up to date on shots. Has some hair loss that has been diagnosed by adopter's vet as low thyroid, she is starting meds. Meds are inexpensive and twice a day. Otherwise healthy. She is timid and scared, adopter is worried about his 6 year old daughter, which is why he now does not want to keep her. She gets along fine with the male dogs (8 mo. old and older Lacy) but not his other female Lacy, she is nervous around her. She is a good dog; needs the right EXPERIENCED situation willing to give her time.

She has only been out of the shelter since Saturday, so she hasn't had any time at all to adjust and settle in. Adopter is willing to fund her way to rescue, just wants to see her safe. Transport can be arranged... especially along the east coast, as I have transport contacts.

Please contact me if interested: stacy@greyghostnh.com or here. I will try to answer any questions as best I can. :)

Attachments:
BlueLacy.jpg
BlueLacy.jpg [ 56.95 KiB | Viewed 5426 times ]

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:14 pm 

Some more photos:

Attachments:
BlueLacy5.jpg
BlueLacy5.jpg [ 91.88 KiB | Viewed 5425 times ]
BlueLacy2.jpg
BlueLacy2.jpg [ 9.05 KiB | Viewed 5425 times ]
BlueLacy4.jpg
BlueLacy4.jpg [ 62.33 KiB | Viewed 5425 times ]