Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Calendar & Classifieds » Rehoming & Rescue

Forum rules

These dogs are not "officially" sanctioned by the NLDA. We can make no guarantees about their personality, working ability, history or lineage. But we do feel it is important to get them exposure so they can find their forever home. So if you know of a Lacy or Lacy mix that is looking for a new family, feel free to put it up. But do not post litters unless they are with a rescue organization.

Post subject: Rehoming - Austin Area
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:50 am 

I need to rehome my Blue Lacy.

We adopted her from the Wilco animal shelter. The story is a farmer found her stray as a puppy. He kept her but she was killing livestock so he dropped her off at roughly 10 months old. We adopted her and have been very happy for 2 years but she nipped my 11 month old so she has to go. :( We love her very much and are very sad about this.

She takes a while to warm up to men, prefers women. (If I had to bet, I'd say the farmer was rough on her. But she stayed with a male friend of ours for 2 weeks when the baby was born and she was fine.) She loves my girls and is great with them, except the baby. The normal No Cats and stuff. She's been an apartment dog for us. She's well behaved enough and we're active enough that it's worked out.

She's a home dog, not an outdoor dog. A good pick for an older person or someone with older kids who wants a Blue Lacy but doesn't want to hunt. She's a love bug who will lay her head in your lap for ear scratches and roll over for belly rubs and happily keep your yard bunny free. She doesn't bark when we're out so long as she's kenneled, but makes a rukus when there's someone at the door. Generally happy, but sensitive.

I'll give them her kennel, her food, toys, what's left of her flea preventative, ect. Her shots are good until Sept I believe. She's microchipped and knows basic commands. (Sit, down, wait, won't eat until she has permission.)
I'll deliver her any where in the Austin metro area.

We're heartbroken about having to give her up and I want to be sure she goes to a good home.

Thanks!
Kristina
512-784-5972

Image Image

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:10 pm 
Site Admin

I will pass this information along.

Board index » Calendar & Classifieds » Rehoming & Rescue