Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Calendar & Classifieds » Rehoming & Rescue

Forum rules

These dogs are not "officially" sanctioned by the NLDA. We can make no guarantees about their personality, working ability, history or lineage. But we do feel it is important to get them exposure so they can find their forever home. So if you know of a Lacy or Lacy mix that is looking for a new family, feel free to put it up. But do not post litters unless they are with a rescue organization.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:39 pm 

Mowgli is registered with the Lacy Game Dog Registry and was bred by respectable breeders, Wayne and Marsha Cavin. He is a very handsome, tricolor, fit, unneutered, 55lb beloved family pet. He will be 5 years old in August. We live in Boerne, TX (just NW of San Antonio).

Mowgli is super sweet with humans, will sit in your lap and kiss you if you’ll let him. My kids are 9 and 11 and he is excellent with them and their friends. He gets along fine with my 40 lb 11 yr old border collie, but she was already here when we brought him home as a puppy, so he looks up to her.

However, I am getting divorced and have moved into a neighborhood. These new circumstances are not working out and I think he will be happier if I can find a good match for him. I will explain the 3 reasons why I would like to find him a new family:
1. Small dogs and cats are not safe around him! This is the main reason he needs a new home. We have 2 cats and when he comes inside, his sole interest is stalking them. He cannot be left unsupervised because the cats fall asleep and forget he is laying there, salivating, just a few feet away. Our old house was set up differently and I could separate the dogs and spend time with them in a family room where the cats did not go into.
2. I take Mowgli and our border collie running 4-5 miles several times a week. No matter which way we go, our new neighborhood has tons of dogs, many of whom run right into the street to say a friendly hello. Mowgli interprets it differently and wants to fight. I have tried different kinds of choke chains and head collars, but he doesn’t care and I can barely hold him back. I’m afraid he is going to hurt a neighbor’s pet. We used to live in a state park and we rarely ran by other pets. I asked the vet if neutering him would help, and her opinion was, no and that we weren’t going to get the hog-hunter instinct out of him. He does catch and kill squirrels and armadillos.
3. My husband’s family has a ranch and Mowgli has spent plenty of time on it. We have a herd of longhorns that he has been around, however, he has not had any training or practice in herding them. He has helped track deer. My husband is out of town a lot and doesn’t want him and therefore, Mowgli will be losing his opportunity to spend time on the ranch.

It’s not fair to Mowgli that he no longer gets to come inside or go running, but the other dog gets to. Mowgli would do best with a family that lives out of the city, preferably on a ranch. He needs some time to run and roam freely. Kids are fine, but absolutely no cats. I’m asking $150 because he’s a wonderful dog for the right situation.
Attachment:
DSC02757 - Copy.JPG
DSC02757 - Copy.JPG [ 206.02 KiB | Viewed 2400 times ]
Attachment:
DSC02751 - Copy.JPG
DSC02751 - Copy.JPG [ 98.15 KiB | Viewed 2400 times ]
Attachment:
DSC02765 - Copy.JPG
DSC02765 - Copy.JPG [ 176.24 KiB | Viewed 2400 times ]

Last edited by cedboone on Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:03 pm 

Oh I wish I could take him!

http://txhillcountrytrackers.com/Home_Page.html

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:38 am 

Could I share your info on my company's FB? I have a lot of people with Lacys and those who would like to have Lacys. I just didn't know if that would help you or not. Just let me know.
~Lauri

http://txhillcountrytrackers.com/Home_Page.html

Post Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:44 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Mowgli has been placed.

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did
better."
Maya Angelou

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something in your life!"
Winston Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjleek/

Post Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:45 pm