Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Calendar & Classifieds » Lacy Puppies & Dogs

Forum rules

Only NLDA Approved Breeders may list litters, puppies or stud services. Working owners may list proven adult Lacys but must utilize "Form for listing adult purebred Lacys" (http://nationallacydog.org/forum/viewto ... f=25&t=931) and require moderator approval.

Dogs available for adoption should be listed in the Rehoming & Rescue forum. Buyers are responsible for thoroughly researching all puppies and dogs before making a purchase. We encourage you to post questions or email the NLDA at nlda@nationallacydog.org for more information.

Post subject: Fred's last red dog
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:58 pm 

We have the brother to Fred's pup and I have to see he has a great personality. I will tell you I didn't want another dog, still don't. BUTTTTT we have him. He is very smart, listens and very attentive. He is eating RAW like a expert, he sits with very little work, he has only had 1 accident in the house~ that was our fault we should of taken him out sooner.

I didn't want to hijack the thread for the rehoming so I posted here. You won't be dissapointed in the pup.

Just be careful and make sure you have a secure pen for him, these lacys like to dig. Thanks to all the digging in Lolita's pen and us getting Laredo. We; Alex and I went out to try and level out Lolita's pen and in the process I fell, only because my shoe got caught on cattle panel we had down trying to prevent the digging (it doesn't work) well I landed on my shoulder and broke the socket. Waiting to find out if I have to have surgery if not it just has to heal on it's own. Did I mention Laredo is now digging after he has watched Lolita dig in her newly leveled pen????? X( Don't you just love what we do for our dogs?????

Post subject: Re: Fred's last red dog
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:23 pm 

So I am assuming you are getting rid of him?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:18 pm 

Thanks Shannon I am glad to hear his brother is such a good dog, I beleive I am getting another good dog and he is coming right at the tracking season so he should get a lot of work, The dogs will be in a closed fence. I already have one Lacy and have not had any problems with digging. but know how much energy these Lacy dogs can have, just the stamina of a Lacy alone is enough but when you add a high protein raw diet, their energy is 10 fold.
The new pup will be an indoor dog but I have always had a doggie door in the wall where they have full access inside and out which is really nice for potty training pups. I found (and hope) if you wear them out every day they will be less mischievous, Not saying you don't work your dog but my current dog gets a lot of exercise when not hunting and I hope to do the same with the new pup. When Blue and I are not in the field hunting, I try and run Blue at least a mile or two off leash everyday (well he runs I walk) or we walk a mile on leash with a Frisbee workout. I have a Frisbee regime he has done since he was 8 wks old designed to teach retrieve and drop and it helps to wear him out. Every weekend morning if we are not hunting Blue does a 6 -7 mile trek off leash in the woods either on practice trails or just running the wooded terrain all this is just planned exercise then he still get s a lot of other normal daily routine exercise. And I am hoping by adding another dog they can burn some of the energy off on their own. and hopefully won't think about digging holes...

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:09 am 

I am tired just hearing about your work out. Mine are chasing moles... Got to love them.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:26 pm 

That's funny Shannon, I will tell you what and I just told Betty this the other day on a e-mail. I love working with Blue and I enjoy running him but that dog just wears me out!! I am hoping that getting the second dog and them playing will help reduce some of their energy. I would love to come home one day and say you guys are on your own... Other then rainy days, I doubt that will happen but it sounds nice...

And of course Betty's reply as she most often does - sending her positive, helpful and mentoring advice ^:)^ was "Ha! you will just be doubling your trouble but you can alway's dream....what one dog doesn't think of the other one will".... LOL, Just so I had a little more to think about.... :-

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:37 pm 

picking up red pup tomorrow, will post some pics when I get a chance

Board index » Calendar & Classifieds » Lacy Puppies & Dogs