Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Lacys In Action » Blood Trailing

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:16 pm 
Site Admin

Any new updates, Brent?

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:22 pm 

Courtney wrote:
Any new updates, Brent?

Sorry, I have been pretty scarce lately. I think this is what you were fishing for :D
Attachment:
2011-01-02 09.55.21.jpg
2011-01-02 09.55.21.jpg [ 143.43 KiB | Viewed 951 times ]

Attachment:
2011-01-02 09.56.31.jpg
2011-01-02 09.56.31.jpg [ 145.33 KiB | Viewed 949 times ]

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:28 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Always love pics of the dog and the boys!!

Betty

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did
better."
Maya Angelou

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something in your life!"
Winston Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjleek/

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:45 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

great pics...thanks for sharing

Have you ever layed low when you could have stood tall

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:09 am 

Looking back on this I can't believe I didn't post more of a story on the last pics of my son and his hog.

This was Bryce's 1st hunt all alone in the stand and his biggest hog so far. He shot on a Saturday evening, we looked briefly after dark and pulled out with no blood sign.

Bryce was very restless that night because he had never had trouble finding an animal he shot much less lost one. I find great pride that this bothers him because I see far too many hunters that are un-effected by loosing an animal.

I hunted the next morning, as soon as I got off my stand Bryce was on me about taking Blue to find his hog. We loaded up and headed to the scene of the shot and still didn't find blood but I put Blue down anyway and about 15 minutes later we were taking pictures of a VERY proud young man with his first un-assisted trophy.

Thats a lot of typing to say that I sure am looking forward to this tracking season!!

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:19 am 

Brent great job and excellent pics..
Looks like your dog Blue is a good tracker I think that liter of Betty's produced some good tracking dogs… especially the one’s named blue… LOL…
I really like what you say about your son's I have a grandson that is sitting stand with his dad this year and I think I am more excited than both of them- just in knowing the hunting is being passed to the next generation makes me so proud and happy.
Our bow season (MD) got underway a little over a week ago but I have yet to get a call, we are getting a lot of rain here so I guess a lot of folks aren't hunting. It's still a little too hot for me, I can’t sit still with all nat’s and mosquito’s…. my son has been out once on opening day but no success, This year I plan to be me more diligent in grabbing the camera for hunts and tracks. It's funny of all the tracking we do and all the pics I take when Blue and I are in the field not hunting, I never bring a camera when we track or hunt, the camera usually stays in the truck. Since I was young I always said I see more game when scouting than when I am hunting and I guess I just always brought the camera with me scouting to prove my theory.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:54 am 
NLDA Lifetime Member

The two Blue's are actually out of different litters. Blue McHugh is from the second litter, which has three good trackers that I know of. Jazz, in Mississippi doesnt track a lot, but I think that she is pretty good. Then, there is Abe, who is now coming into his own as a good tracking Lacy. If it wasnt for his handler, me, he would have done good on his tracking trial, but I took him off track twice!! He has only run a few practice trails, so I am anxious to take him out this year and see what he can do. I havent heard from Chad in AZ for a while, but his dog, Angie was supposed to be good on big cats.

Blue Boswell is from Lucy's last litter and is proving himself to be good at lots of things!!

I know that one thing that makes a dog good is the amount of time that is spent working the dog. You and Brent both have spent quality time with the dogs and you just cant beat that to make a good dog into a great dog.

Betty

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did
better."
Maya Angelou

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something in your life!"
Winston Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjleek/

Board index » Lacys In Action » Blood Trailing