Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Lacys In Action » Blood Trailing

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:32 am 

Had a fellow shot a doe with his bow this weekend Put Tex and Jr. on the trail. My youngest lacy Gertie sneaks in the truck also. Tex hits the trail and 304 yds out is bayed up, I send Jr. and Gertie to help out. I take off and get about 50 yds from Tex and all hell breaks lose, I hear Gertie yelp like something has her, I show up and Jr is headed my way and Gertie has a pack of javelina all over her, Tex is still bayed up 52 yds to the north. I start holler at the javelina and trying to check on the dogs. I have been around javelina all my life and don't pay much mind to them when they start bluff charging and popping teeth but this time things we're different, they we're mad and needed more than hollering at to change their attitude. Tex leaves the deer when he hears me trying to get the javelina of the dogs, so I get this mess taken care of and I still have a live deer somewhere! The dogs are covered in pear stickers so I load them up go to the house and get Pup, give it 30 minutes and come back. Put Pup down at the start of the hit, takes him about 10 minutes to work thru all the mess (dogs, people, more than 1 blood trail at this point) he bays up just to the north of the javelina mess, we take care of the deer.
Gps collars are wonderful, I was able to pin point everything. Tex had the deer the whole time but I guess he figured We needed help, Do not know if the young dogs just happen to run into the hogs are if they did get after them, but it was a exciting morning.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:14 pm 
Site Admin

Stinkin javelinas! Great job recovering the doe despite complications. Nothing is more exciting than competent dog work.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:30 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Wow!! What a mess!! Glad that the younguns just have stickers in them. I dont know javelinas, but I hear that they are mean.

Betty

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did
better."
Maya Angelou

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something in your life!"
Winston Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjleek/

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:02 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

That will get your blood pumping in a hurry !!

Board index » Lacys In Action » Blood Trailing