Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Lacys In Action » Blood Trailing

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:46 am 

I just wanted to give big thank you to all those who made this weekend happen. I had a terrific time learning and meeting everyone. I felt the weekend was huge success, and I'm looking forward to future events and get togethers.

Thanks,

Justin Slusher

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:32 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

This is Courtney -
I would like to thank everybody that made the trip. I know Menard is a long way for most folks and the 100 degree temps probably kept a few at home but we were blessed with some awesome weather, a wonderful flowing San Saba river, and great company. I'm afraid if I start thanking individuals I will leave somebody off the list so I will just say that this would not have been possible without the help and hard work of our association and its members.

I feel our inaugural field trial event was a success and we now have a better idea about how and where to have future events.

Congratulations to the handlers and dogs that took home tracking certificates and prizes. I am proud of the program we have developed for recognizing dogs and look forward to seeing it grow.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:25 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

I had a great time as always!! I love being around my lacy friends and meeting and making new friends!

I am super pleased with what we accomplished with the tracking and certifications!! We put in a lot of time, thought and work into this and even tho there were flaws, we have a start under our belts and a better idea of what we want to do and how to accomplish it.

I am like Rod, (oops, that was Courtney) there are too many who worked on this to thank individually and I wouldnt want to leave anyone out, so just a Big Thanks to everyone who helped make this a great success!!

I do want to thank Don Comedy for coming and giving us insight on working on dog legislation and also for bringing his lovely wife, Nene!

And, a big thank you to Jerry Gonzalez for sharing his vast knowledge and experience with us. I always thought of him as mainly a hog dogger but I found out that blood trailing is his love and you can never find anyone better to talk about something than someone who works at what he loves!! Jerry's family is as nice and out going as he is!!

We had the best weather!! We had all dreaded the heat, but we had great weather for this time of year and certainly better than we had expected! It was still dusty, but in west Texas, I guess you just learn to live with it. At one point, it looked like we were going to be rained out, but we just got the lovely cloud cover. Maybe the rain will come soon!!

If you wanted to come but couldnt, I hope that you will plan on coming next time and sharing in the fun and joy of seeing a good lacy dog on track!!

Betty

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did
better."
Maya Angelou

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something in your life!"
Winston Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjleek/

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:29 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Big thanks!! :ymapplause: We had a blast once again!! I can not tell everyone how happy I am to be part of the NLDA. Cant wait to start seeing all the pics form the weekend.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:05 pm 

Page and I just wanted to say thank you for a great time and we will definately be back for the next event. It was very fun to get Amos exposed to a different environment and different dogs. We really appreciate the hospitality and the great company and new friends that we had the pleasure of meeting. We hope to see everyone again soon!

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:27 pm 

This was a great getogather i realy enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next one. I meet some real good people this weekend and look forward to seeing every one again soon. The next one will be BIGGER & BETTER. Thanks every one for your help & hard work. ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:30 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Ooops!! I did intend to give a big thanks to our wonderful and eccentric cook, Rusty Fleming. He and his cousin Linda did a ton of work for our meals, which we all really enjoyed!! Don and Nene helped Rusty a lot, so those of us who were doing other things had nothing to worry about when it came to eating. It was nice!!

Betty

better."
Maya Angelou

Winston Churchill

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:39 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

I wanted to also thank everyone also , those who help putting this event together and all who came to the event. It was just a great see old friends and meet some new ones . It was just a great weekend Fran and I had a blast. As Roni said we made history this weekend with the tracking Challenge . No one else has done this so everyone should be very proud . The NLDA and its members did a outstanding job and I can not say enough how proud I am to be part of the organization . Thanks again to everyone can not wait for the pictures . :-BD :-BD

Last edited by CAMO on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:04 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

I'm not going to upload all my pictures, but you can check them out at http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjleek/

Here is one really good one!!
NLDA Blood Tracking Challenge by scarebetty, on Flickr

Love this one- Rod had splashed water on Reagan and she was getting even
NLDA Blood Tracking Challenge by scarebetty, on Flickr

Betty

better."
Maya Angelou

Winston Churchill

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:26 pm 
Site Admin

I want to post the results but I didn't write them down. Perhaps whoever made it home with the score sheets could post them up.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:42 am 

Those pictures make me hate missing it even worse!!!

Super proud it was a success and look forward to the next one!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:23 am 
NLDA Lifetime Member

I am exhausted today, but that was the most fun we've had in a long time! I can't wait to see more pictures!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:31 am 

Looks like every one had a good time... Betty thanks for sharing your pics that River looks very relaxing. Wish I could had attended, maybe the next event can be further east... LOL.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:02 am 

A very big thanks goes out to Courtney and Fred for really looking into the tracking and titling result and sharing that knowledge with the rest of the NLDA. A lot of time and effort goes into the research and these two have done their share, there is no other Blood Tracking Certifications out there, so be looking to see more. We have big plans for the future!!!!!

As always none of this would be possible with out the NLDA members we have some of the best people and our blessed to be gaining new ones.

Our associations mission is to promote working your dog, while that might not be everyday, it sure is nice to have a ribbon and certification to hang on your wall to show your dog can run difficult trails and not have to be redirected and not have to be called back and finish the trail in the set time. That doesn't happen over night that shows you have been working your dog and running mock trials at home, or even real trails in the woods. These dogs are good but the are not born trained they do require work! The proof is in the pudding!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:24 am 
NLDA Lifetime Member

One more BIG THANK YOU to all those that helped out this weekend. I agree that it was a huge sucess and a stepping stone for bigger and better trials to come. Thank you to everyone that attended and ran their dogs...it was evident all these dogs had been training and practicing for the event...I saw a ton of great dog work so keep up the good work.

I special thanks to the NLDA board and officers for supporting the event and making it happen.

A HUGE thank you to Grandmadawg for judging...and all the input.

BTW...I hope someone else got into the chiggers too...i was 99.9% sure it was too dry for them, but they found me and it was a bunch of them!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing more pictures...

"Every person that I meet is in some way my superior, and if I will listen to him I can learn from him"--Benjamin Franklin

Board index » Lacys In Action » Blood Trailing