Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Dr. Dog » Alternative Health & Feeding

Post subject: vaccine damage
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:16 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

I was reading today about vaccine damage caused by the rabies vaccine. Dr. Pittcairn, who is a leading vet says that 30% of animals who are given the rabies vaccine have a reaction to it. Others say that it is much higher. Some say that the percentage is as high as 70%. I would suspect that it is somewhere in the 70% range, myself. But, which ever it is, out of 10 dogs who would get the rabies vaccine, somewhere between 3 and 7 dogs would have a reaction to the vaccine. Remember this when you take your dog to get its rabies vaccine and be aware of the condition of your dog when you took it in and later. Even 3 months later, a dog can start showing a reaction to it.

I dont know the percentage of reactions to the other vaccines as the rabies is by far the worst vaccine that we give to our animals, but if you must vaccinate your pets, be aware of the damages that can occur.

Betty

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did
better."
Maya Angelou

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something in your life!"
Winston Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjleek/

Post subject: Re: vaccine damage
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:04 am 

Interestingly enough, I've had probably over 30 dogs vaccinated....including rabies (I was in the catahoula rescue thing many years ago) and nary a problem. The main thing I found out when I moved to Kansas is that most vets won't vaccinate the dogs with rabies shots until the dog is 6 months old when in Texas it's 3 months old. I think the older the dog is..the better it is equipped to deal with it.

Post subject: Re: vaccine damage
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:03 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

The thing about vaccine damage is that it rears its ugly head in many different forms. It shows in immediate reactions, such as a swollen head or like the spot that Courtneys dog Ace got, or it can show up months later as a cancer, or the disease like Shannons dog, Abbey has. To say that none of your dogs had a reaction is only to say that your dogs didnt have a reaction that was something that was completely obvious to you at that time. Unless you know all the reactions that a dog can have, and you had those dogs until they died from old age, you cant realistically say that they had nary a problem.

Vaccine damage has many ways that it shows up and the list is growing all the time. If you are keeping rescues, and ANY of those rescues were with you because they had attitude problems, that is very likely those problems were vaccine damage. Vaccine damage shows up as a dog who constantly licks a spot. A hot spot is a great example of vaccine damage. PIKA is an example of vaccine damage.

Many of the so-called breed specific or inherited genetic diseases are the result of vaccine damage thru DNA damage.

Cardiomyopathy is a result from the parvo vaccine. HOD has been linked and proven to be caused by the distemper vaccine. Hypothyroidism can be caused by vaccines and will be handed down to the next generation.

One of the greatest dangers to our dogs is the aggression problems that are a direct result to the rabies vaccine. Until we recognize that the rabies vaccine can cause aggression, dogs will wind up in rescue situations or worse, in the pound to be put to sleep. Or, someones pet will be put down because it attacked their child.

Vaccines do horrible damage. If one doesnt believe me, do a search for vaccine damage and see how many pages come up. I've said this before, even vet schools are telling what vaccine damage is, not just me.

Betty

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did
better."
Maya Angelou

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something in your life!"
Winston Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjleek/

Board index » Dr. Dog » Alternative Health & Feeding