Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Dr. Dog » Alternative Health & Feeding

Post subject: article
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:50 am 
NLDA Lifetime Member

I know that many people think that I am pretty much a 'nut' when it comes to alternative care for our pets. I have had a few people tell me that, but I dont take it to heart. My journey to alternative care has been a long one, an interesting one and some times a very painful one. As I learned, I began to share my knowledge and my thoughts and some people responded in a positive way. That has been one of the greatest things that I have accomplished along my way in life. To help a person learn that anti-biotics, steroids, kibble, etc are not nourishing our pets is very rewarding for me.

We need traditional vets to do surgery to fix up a hurt dog, to set a broken bone and to deal with certain things that happen to our dogs. But, we also need to know how dangerous some of their other treatments can be. There is hope on the horizon as more vets study acupuncture, aromatherapy, chiropractic, etc. The vet schools are becoming more open to their students that want to study these modalities. Here is a video and an article by Dr. Becker. I hope that people will read it and begin to learn that there is much more to caring for your pet than steroids, etc. http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/he ... 20131021Z1

Alternative care is a journey that I hope that some will take and enjoy and begin to spread the word!!

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did
better."
Maya Angelou

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something in your life!"
Winston Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjleek/

Board index » Dr. Dog » Alternative Health & Feeding