Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Dr. Dog » Alternative Health & Feeding

Post Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:17 am 

well here while back maybe a month ago, trav doesnt want to eat his food i have set his bowl down and left him be while i fixed my breakfast like always, i have had them on the same food for awhile it is taste of the wild serria mountain and lamp. well here this past sunday, i ran out of town and got 3 different flavors of dog food picture below, well i have him on the red and yellow bag i set him a cup of each to see what he liked best and it seems to be both of them he ate one then the other (not like finishing one then the other). so i am hoping yall can help me pick the bag he would like, the yellow has the most protein and i can post each bag specs to help out.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:30 am 

well i think my idea is ok with buying 3 different flavors it wasnt much either but i dont want to keep on switching him until i can get a bigger bag. now that i think about it i may not can get the wild boar flavor at the town near me goldthwaite, tx instead of brownwood, tx.

its tough trying to get him some food that he will eat, so far so good but its new to him, but i dont want him to dislike it after a couple of month.

and i missed out on a great deal, well me, dad, and our friend were hog hunting well instead we got rabbits i got 2 and dad got one. well my dad wouldnt let me grab them for trav, (and i tried to explain to him how good raw food was) that didnt work

i could have skinned it, and cut it and let trav enjoy his meal in his bowl that would have been a happy puppy.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:22 am 

Why don't you try feeding him raw? Sounds to me like a picky boy.. Is he over fed? Overweight?

Post Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:09 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Mine will go though phases that they done want to eat, if they dont eat when it is time I will pull there food and they get it tomorrow......just keep an eye on him and make sure hes not sick, he will eat when he gets hungry.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:38 pm 

well i have found out one of the reasons why he isnt eating. i put his food down on the floor for him and to my surprise he ate what was on the floor instead of in the bowl. and plus i am wondering what flavor to feed him any ideas? he doesnt seem to have a favorite and his gut is accepting the different flavors.

well he is getting fed the correct amount of food (no ribs showing) but isnt fat, just right for a lacy

Post Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:44 am 
NLDA Lifetime Member

I agree with Robby on putting Trav's food down, leaving it for 15,20 minutes and if he doesnt eat, then pick it up and feed again the next day. I do that with Lucy and Abe when they dont eat. If he doesnt eat it the next day, then I would suspect a problem. It's ok for a dog Trav's age to go without eating for a time. If he's doing it because he is being picky, then you show him that you are his boss and control his food, just the same as you control other parts of his life. He eats when you give him food, or he doesnt eat. He doesnt get to choose when and where he eats, you do.

As far as the different flavors, I guess that I would say, feed him which ever one he seems to prefer. My sisters dog is eating Blue Buffalo and she got to where she wouldnt eat, so they changed the flavor of Blue and she started eating again. Like I've said before, I dont know a lot about kibble, so as long as you are giving a decent kibble, which Blue is, then Trav should be ok.

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did
better."
Maya Angelou

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something in your life!"
Winston Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjleek/

Post Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:44 am 

well update time, i havent put travs food up he seems to eat on it through the day, its mostly of a morning and around night time.

but here is the kicker he will take little mans food even when he has some left in his bowel.

Board index » Dr. Dog » Alternative Health & Feeding