Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Dr. Dog » Breeding & Genetics

Post subject: Still looking for stud?
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:45 am 

I've been looking for a male blue lacy ( preferably red). Medium nose with high drive but not suicidal. His exterior traits will need to be symetrical and athletically built. He also needs to have square head and jaw with hound type ears( no ears that point up or sit high). I posted before and it seemed to just start arguments or cause impulse to comment. I don't care about the comments or care about opinions so I won't respond to those posts. If you have a stud having these traits I would be interested in speaking with you about purchasing him or using him as a stud dog. Thanks

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:12 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

I have a tri male......hes pretty square, abit houndy lookin, head more blocked than not. Hes not for sale but if you would like to look at him you would be welcomed. Contact Ms Betty, she could see how the lines match up.....she is the breeder of my hound. I also have a litter mate brother whos blue but hes not as square or as blocked in the head.

Have you ever layed low when you could have stood tall

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:25 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

I was asking what data base you intend to use to do DNA testing you are the one that brought that topic up. If my dog is required to pass a DNA test , I would like to know what you are compareing that against. So we know that is not possible to test so is that still a requiement or have you dropped that requirement ? Just trying to get a handle on what you are looking for . I have a blue male his pictures are on my breeders page as well as some videos please feel free to check them out under Patch ! If you can not find a red that you like or Kevins Tri. He is only stud I have at this point he may not fit your needs . He is not for sale but I will stud him out .

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2408

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:55 am 

CAMO wrote:
I was asking what data base you intend to use to do DNA testing you are the one that brought that topic up. If my dog is required to pass a DNA test , I would like to know what you are comparing that against. So we know that is not possible to test so is that still a requiement or have you dropped that requirement ? Just trying to get a handle on what you are looking for . I have a blue male his pictures are on my breeders page as well as some videos please feel free to check them out under Patch ! If you can not find a red that you like or Kevins Tri. He is only stud I have at this point he may not fit your needs . He is not for sale but I will stud him out .

http://nationallacydog.org/forum/viewto ... =27&t=2408

The dna testing is to prove bloodlines and parents, not genetic make up. I love lacys and mine are as good as they come but I personally know 2 people who have tested their dogs who were from well known lines( not marlo's stuff either) and they had some pit crossed in as well as some other dogs. How far back I don't know. I've accepted the inconsistencies with this breed and realize it's probablprivatelyy due to the integrity and financial struggles of the breeders of this breed. Most of the ones I know don't have a pot to piss in. the breed seems to be very tainted. If anyone doubts it, test your own dogs privately. I would be surprised to find a true hound/ yote or wolf/ greyhound bloodline in existence.

Anyway, that's what I was referring to about the DNA testing. Patch has a pretty descent exterior but I read your comment on him being on over 300 hogs and you still were unhappy with his performance. How is he as a strike dog? Does he have a consistent high hunt drive? How often does he hunt poorly when turned out? Is he out of marlos lines, Sailor or General. Does he have any Graham blood in his pedigree?

Kevin, I'd like to see your male as well. Is he out of Aarons dogs? I'd like info on him as well. I think my female is going to be in heat pretty soon. Thanks

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:02 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Patch is a bay pen dog only we do not work him in the woods . I was not happy with him up until he was about 1.5 yrs old then he really turned on and since then he has been spot on . He has been in the pen with plenty of ranked hogs and can more than hold his own . I have no doubt he wood have made a woods dog had that been what he was trained for but he was trained to be a bay pen dog. It sounds like I will not be able to help you with what I have very sorry and good luck with your search. Have you checked with Steve W or Mike B. They both have great woods dogs Trapper sounds more like what you are looking for or even Brutis or Lucifer definately fit what you are looking for in a stud .

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:23 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Brutus and Lucifer are both dead, if I'm not mistaken.

Betty

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did
better."
Maya Angelou

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something in your life!"
Winston Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjleek/

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:44 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Wow Betty I did not know that I have not talk to Steve since we were at the capitol in support of the working dog Bill for the LSWDA . I always hate when good dogs pass .

Post subject: Still looking for stud?
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 am 
NLDA Lifetime Member

I think Brutus is alive, Trapper and Lucifer are dead......

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:59 am 

Jones is available, for stud, if you are interested...

He is definitely not for sale!

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:45 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

My hounds are out of Bettys Lucy and Jimmy Brooks Bull.......

I think Clifford put his pics up on his forum awhile back...MS Lacydog.com

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:48 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

I think your probably correct when saying theres been some funny breeding going on....It bothers me but it really wouldnt surprise me.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:42 pm 

Can anyone suggest a good DNA Heritage test?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:00 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

From what I know, there are not any really dependable DNA breed tests. The testing that is done for breed testing looks for the closest thing to the DNA that is being tested. If it doesnt find what breed it is looking for, it will go to the next closest breed.

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did
better."
Maya Angelou

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something in your life!"
Winston Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjleek/

Board index » Dr. Dog » Breeding & Genetics