Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Dr. Dog » Veterinary Discussion

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:45 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

This is a message that I received from a friend.

I hope this will keep someone from losing the love of their life!!! I lost Mia (Treceder's I've Got It All) on July the 11, 2009 at 3:30 Am from using Comfortis.. This is the first and LAST time I will ever use it.
>
For those of you that don't know what Comfortis is, it is used to kill fleas and it is a chewable tablet.
>
I gave it to all my Boxers and my 2 Bull Terries. I gave it to them on a Thursday night with their meal. Darby started throwing up a couple hours later and then again Friday morning. Mia started throwing up Friday morning. Mia threw up 2 times and it was coming out like water out of a fire hose. What we did not know at the time was that she had thrown up so hard she tore her stomach loose. Some time during Friday night and Saturday morning her stomach twisted. We rushed her to the EMS vet, it's just 3 miles down the road from us, but we were too late. I also have 2 more Boxer puppies that have had upset stomachs from Comfortis and I'm just now getting them back to eating again..
>
I have talked to a Vet at Lilly, who makes this drug, and yes they do know it makes some dogs very sick and have had some twisted stomachs from other breeds. But I was told that what few problems where reported was within acceptable guide lines!!!
>
4 Boxers out of 6 at my house where made sick and 1 died from it. I don't call that acceptable.
>
Lilly has even called my Vet to see how healthy my dogs where. Mia was 8 1/2 years old and healthy as a horse, never missed a meal and if you did not finish your food, she would gladly help you finish it. She went everywhere with me. I bottle fed her...she was my baby and the love of my life.

Pride

TRECEDER BOXERS
Pride and John Riccardi
www.trecederboxers <http://www.trecederboxers/>. com

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did
better."
Maya Angelou

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something in your life!"
Winston Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjleek/

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:19 pm 

And i was going to try that stuff when the flea's got bad again. Not anymore. Thanks for the info. Do you mind of it post this on ETHD

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:21 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Dont mind at all. Spread the word! I didnt copy it in my message, but there is permission to cross post.

Betty

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did
better."
Maya Angelou

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something in your life!"
Winston Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjleek/

Board index » Dr. Dog » Veterinary Discussion