Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Calendar & Classifieds » Lacy Puppies & Dogs

Forum rules

Only NLDA Approved Breeders may list litters, puppies or stud services. Working owners may list proven adult Lacys but must utilize "Form for listing adult purebred Lacys" (http://nationallacydog.org/forum/viewto ... f=25&t=931) and require moderator approval.

Dogs available for adoption should be listed in the Rehoming & Rescue forum. Buyers are responsible for thoroughly researching all puppies and dogs before making a purchase. We encourage you to post questions or email the NLDA at nlda@nationallacydog.org for more information.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:07 am 

I am new to the Breed, but I have already met some great people. I love the breed. I have purchased a Male Puppy from Mr. Crain. Great dog. But I need a female or two to breed him to. If you have any available or you are going to have pups, please let me know. God Bless

Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:10 am 

Rick, I'm not sure where you picked up that Silver designation for a Lacy color... They come in Red, Blue, or Tri, with some slight variations in shading...
Please post pics of your new male, cause everyone likes to see pups!

Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:23 am 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Welcome to the breed and group, Rick!

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did
better."
Maya Angelou

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something in your life!"
Winston Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjleek/

Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:38 am 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Welcome aboard Rick.......chime in often and like Cliff said, please post pics....

Have you ever layed low when you could have stood tall

Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:10 pm 

CircleSeven7777 wrote:
I am new to the Breed, but I have already met some great people. I love the breed. I have purchased a Male Puppy from Mr. Crain. Great dog. But I need a female or two to breed him to. If you have any available or you are going to have pups, please let me know. God Bless

Dumb question, has this puppy already proven himself for you to be ready to already consider breeding? To not 1 female but possibly 2? Confused with your tactics, you ve just it in the breed and already want to breed? Very confused with your logic.

Colby

Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:50 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Welcome Rick .... Colby only approved breeders are required to prove their dogs work. It is not required for anyone else who is breeding. Rick it may be helpful if you post your pups pedigree so that our other breeders can see if they have any lines that will work with your pup.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:51 pm 

Colby, I'm guessing that Rick is just trying to get started, and will make the call on breeding his dogs after they get older. But, if he waits till one of them is older and proven, he will be far behind if he starts looking for good females then. I know he plans to hunt the dogs as soon as possible, and that he is here because he is all about working dogs.
As bad as we need more pups, I glad he is willing to become a breeder!

Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:58 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Rick Clifford has 2 litters coming and should be able to help you out if his dogs take. Not sure when they will be bred but I am guessing soon. I wish I could help you but my next 3 litters are all pre sold.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:06 pm 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Im thinking Rick is getting a jump start on his kennel. I bet he works all his hounds and makes his decision accordingly......I agree with Clifford, if he just proves 1 then he'll be behind the 8 ball when searching for females.....Just my thoughts....

Have you ever layed low when you could have stood tall

Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:18 pm 

My post got deleted apparently of what I said to johns post... I was making the comment. If you just get into any breed why would you wanna start breeding before you knew how they turned out to be? 6 months from now the pup could be not worth puttin a bullet in his head. Just early to start wantin to breed I think but what do I know my family only been around dogs forever..
Attachment:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363573121.420593.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363573121.420593.jpg [ 38.52 KiB | Viewed 2468 times ]

Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:43 am 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Welcome to the forum!! :D

The only thing two breeders can agree on is what a third breeder is doing wrong......work your kennel however YOU want to work your kennel! ;)

your first thread, and you've stirred up the peanut gallery --- I like you already!

Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:15 am 

OK Colby, I will play along... But, you're missing some parts to the puzzle...
Rick has friends who hog hunt, and he has been around dogs for a long time too!
He bought one pup from a very reliable line of dogs, out of a pack that hog hunts very frequently! He is only interested in pups from other proven producers, and is willing to wait to get them.
Now, it is possible that he could end up with duds, but not very likely in my experience! But, I think he's doing about all he can right now to reduce the odds...

And, I will add this... I would rather see folks like Rick, willing to start a kennel, than people who just want a Lacy to work, because we need the growth! Many Lacys show quite a bit of drive, and ability, very early in life. It's usually the handler who ruins dogs, by either expecting far too much too early, or attempting to get them to do something they really aren't bred for. And, after some of your posts, it is real obvious that some of the guys you hunt with don't show your dogs a lot of respect. But, you haven't shot them, have you?

Don't be so quick in assuming that someone you don't know anything about knows very little about dogs... You might be surprised!

Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:57 am 

No sir I like my ole lacy dogs, Josie was a late bloomer but has always progressively improved and by the Time her cycle started she was going out staying busy hunting around 400 yards pretty consistent and little further when with an older dog. But i guess I just found it odd someone is already to breed without any experience with them. To me it's jumping the gun. Hell I had Amos for 1.5 before I decided to get a female. And that wasn't even to breed. If Josie didn't turn out she d been dispatched, and I would have hunted for another female and do it all over again. You can't make a kennel overnight and you can't make jam up dogs over night. You can take great dogs breed em and make duds happens all the time. Just seems strange to me that he already wants to breed and get more females when he just started. And he didn't even ask for lines? So how does he know what he's lookin for for hog dogs? For example I wouldn't reference you Clifford for a hog dog guy. I d send a person looking for blood dog to you.

Signed yours truly

- peanut gallery

Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:04 am 
NLDA Lifetime Member

Quote:

It was a simple question. He didnt say that he was going to purchase the first pup that someone told him about. He didnt say that he wasnt concerned about blood lines. He simply wanted info about blue pups. What he does beyond that is his business. I would give him credit as to what he wants in dogs and what he will do with his dogs until I know something different. Even then, its still his business, not yours, not mine. If, at any point, he wants to become an approved breeder, then his breeding practices would be looked at closer.

Rick, I hope that you will not take Colby's opinion as those of anyone but his. This association is filled with great people. Colby sometimes stirs things up and we all come down on him. Maybe some day he will better his people skills, but until then, we have to work with him. ;) I think that he missed a good opportunity to sell a puppy, if he breeds Josie. But, that's his business, I guess. Just understand that the association welcomes you and has complete faith that you know what you are doing and will do the right thing as far as purchasing the right lines, etc.

I know of a couple of people who have pups on the ground. Tomorrow I will call them and see if they have any blue females and let you know. Since your male is out of Crain's lines, there should be no problem with the lines. There are few Crain's dogs in the NLDRegistry, but not many. And, by the way, we welcome the Crain's lineage as it will open more doors for breeding. :D :D

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did
better."
Maya Angelou

"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something in your life!"
Winston Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjleek/

Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:37 am 

Might have stayed in the woods with the old timers too long this weekend. I don't think so though lol

Board index » Calendar & Classifieds » Lacy Puppies & Dogs