Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Calendar & Classifieds » Rehoming & Rescue

Forum rules

These dogs are not "officially" sanctioned by the NLDA. We can make no guarantees about their personality, working ability, history or lineage. But we do feel it is important to get them exposure so they can find their forever home. So if you know of a Lacy or Lacy mix that is looking for a new family, feel free to put it up. But do not post litters unless they are with a rescue organization.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:38 pm 

I adopted Finn in October 2013 from a friend who recently got a divorce and could no longer care for the dog because he travels a lot for work. I live in an apartment in the Round Rock area so I was hesitant to adopt a working dog because I know how much energy they have. However, I reluctantly agreed to adopt Finn because he is a such a great dog. After about 5 months of living with him, it seems that I was right and he is just too much of a handful for apartment living. Finn bonded very well with me, but my now pregnant wife and him are not so close and she literally vomits because of his smell, even right after I wash him. He is also getting into trouble in the house and I think it's because he is bored. Finn is not quite 4 years old, has his papers and is trained to sit, come, and drop it. He is a great dog and I just don't think that running him a few times a week and taking him hiking once each weekend is enough in terms of physical or mental stimulation. I'd really like to find him a good home with someone who is willing to work with him and help him achieve his working dog potential. I tried to contact the owner of his sire, but have gotten no response and I can't seem to find the owner of his dam. Please contact me via PM if you are interested in adopting Finn or know someone who is interested.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:55 pm 
Site Admin

Do you have a picture or know anything his lineage? Is he neutered?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:57 pm 
Site Admin

You might try the lacy dog rehome and rescue facebook page. It has been pretty successful at connecting dogs with new owners. https://www.facebook.com/groups/552199734894936/

Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:05 pm 

Isurus79,
Do you still have Finn?
We're looking for a 0-3 "ish" year old male.

Board index » Calendar & Classifieds » Rehoming & Rescue