Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Calendar & Classifieds » Rehoming & Rescue

Forum rules

These dogs are not "officially" sanctioned by the NLDA. We can make no guarantees about their personality, working ability, history or lineage. But we do feel it is important to get them exposure so they can find their forever home. So if you know of a Lacy or Lacy mix that is looking for a new family, feel free to put it up. But do not post litters unless they are with a rescue organization.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:30 am 

We have a 5 year old male who needs a new home. He is aggressive and food protective and has recently bitten my daughter. It was a "corrective" bite, but still a bite. We are in New Hampshire but will provide travel for him. He is neutered. He doesn't work and is our pet and we know this is why he is aggressive. Looking to place him in a ranch or a home where he can hunt, track or do what Lacys are meant to do. We have contacted the individual who sold him to us recently but haven't heard back yet so we are covering all bases.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:11 pm 
NLDA Board of Directors

I'm sorry to hear about that. Hopefully your daughter is ok. I'm sure that was scary for her.

Have you heard back from the breeder?

What type of training does this dog have?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:59 pm 

Haven't heard back from the individual who sold him to us. He's had basic dog training and that's it. He's a smart dog and I'm positive he'd be a great hunting dog. He just isn't a house pet.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:23 am 

We've recently had our male evaluated by a behavioral trainer and he did great. He's basically timid and reacts when he feels scared. We are going to enroll him in some additional obedience training to try to get the bad habit under control.

Still looking for help to rehome him.

Board index » Calendar & Classifieds » Rehoming & Rescue